Brake Pad Question ???

This is a discussion on Brake Pad Question ??? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys... i have a question about my brake pads... i just had them inspected and the front has 4MM ...

Brake Pad Question ???

Hey guys... i have a question about my brake pads... i just had them inspected and the front has 4MM left and the rear has 6MM left... can someone give me an estimate of how many miles are left on them?? Or should I change them now? I am a moderate driver if that helps. I still have about 15 months or 19K miles left no my warranty so i'm in no rush to have the dealership replace them unless it is necessary

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I would get them replaced just because i would not want to damage the rotors.

6mm on the rear should last you a good ammount of time... The front you should probably replace in the next 3-5 months, just because it's not worth cutting in on your rotors and they get alittle low alittle fast.
    2002 SRP wrx mt sedan
    AP v2.0 stg 2

thanks guys! I'll get a oil change in about 1000 miles and wait about 6 months and replace both the front and rear brake pads

At my dealership (honda/nissan) we recommend brakes at 2-3mm obviously the front are gonna wear faster because they do 80% of the stopping so I would say if you do it in 1000 miles like you stated you should be good

One thing to keep in mind if your going to order pads off the internet you have to leave a little time for shipping and if you get the wrong ones and have to send them back and all that