Exhaust hanger removal

This is a discussion on Exhaust hanger removal within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I recently bought a set of Kart-Boy exhaust hangers to keep my Borla Hush exhaust more secure. I had no ...

Exhaust hanger removal

I recently bought a set of Kart-Boy exhaust hangers to keep my Borla Hush exhaust more secure. I had no problems with 3 of the hangers. I was unable to remove one of the back hangers on the drivers side by the muffler. A bolt goes through the top of the hanger, so you cannot slip it off like the others. The bolt seems to be welded on. I applied lots of liquid wrench and even heated up the bolt a little with a propane torch. When I apply alot of force on the bolt it begins to bend the piece of metal above where the bolt attaches. Has anyone else had problems removing this bolt/hanger?
    2004 WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

did you try to undo the other side?
    i guarantee you didn't and there is your problem
    xTristanx
    New England F4
    Blobeye Syndicate #27
    Mods

Quote Originally Posted by CertainPhate View Post
    did you try to undo the other side?
    i guarantee you didn't and there is your problem
    The side I am trying to remove is on the driver's side with the nut end. The other side is the bolt head side. I will try that side and see what happens.
    2004 WRX

Quote Originally Posted by 2004SilverWRX View Post
    The side I am trying to remove is on the driver's side with the nut end. The other side is the bolt head side. I will try that side and see what happens.
    the "nut" is welded onto the hanger. try the otherside and it should come out just fine
    xTristanx
    New England F4
    Blobeye Syndicate #27
    Mods

Quote Originally Posted by CertainPhate View Post
    the "nut" is welded onto the hanger. try the otherside and it should come out just fine
    You were absolutely right. The bolt came right out. The metal sleeve fit right into the kartboy hanger. The only problem I had was alignment with the bolt and nut...I had to jack up my muffler a little for them to line up. Thanks CertainPhate. No more clanks will be heard in hard cornering.
    2004 WRX

no problem man. glad it worked out for you. i made that mistake the first time i changed my hangers
    xTristanx
    New England F4
    Blobeye Syndicate #27
    Mods