smoke from under the hood - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on smoke from under the hood within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; OK, see if you can figure out whether what you're smelling smells like burnt WD40....

I Support ClubWRX
    OK, see if you can figure out whether what you're smelling smells like burnt WD40.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    OK, see if you can figure out whether what you're smelling smells like burnt WD40.
    smells lilke burning tires
    04 Java Black Pearl Wingless WRX:
    5% Tint all around, 10" windsheild strip, 2 pod gauge frame, Turbo and Volt Gauges, Tien S-tech Springs, Progress adj. Rear Sway Bar, Front and Rear Tower Braces, Sound System/DVD, Tsudo Cat-back exhaust, Black housing headlights, Invidia uppipe, Bosal Downpipe, Train Horn, Elbow Silencer Delete, DIY I/C Water Sprayer, 4300K H.I.D.'s

check to see if you have a crack in your radiator. I had one and smoke only came out when i was at atop and then when i started to move it went away. The crack was on top and shot coolant on the AC compresser and engine.

Quote Originally Posted by GageP View Post
    check to see if you have a crack in your radiator. I had one and smoke only came out when i was at atop and then when i started to move it went away. The crack was on top and shot coolant on the AC compresser and engine.
    the smokes coming from around the turbo and uppipe connection
    04 Java Black Pearl Wingless WRX:
    5% Tint all around, 10" windsheild strip, 2 pod gauge frame, Turbo and Volt Gauges, Tien S-tech Springs, Progress adj. Rear Sway Bar, Front and Rear Tower Braces, Sound System/DVD, Tsudo Cat-back exhaust, Black housing headlights, Invidia uppipe, Bosal Downpipe, Train Horn, Elbow Silencer Delete, DIY I/C Water Sprayer, 4300K H.I.D.'s

check to see if there is a crack in your intercooler. Unless you have a front mounted one.

i am having the exact same problem. it is burning oil i know this cause my oil level is getting lower by the day. it looks almost like it could be the oil return line but i cant see exactly where its coming from without taking a few things off. if anyone figured out the solution to this problem it would be greatly appreciated

The oil return line under my turbo was going bad and oil was all over the place causing light smoke to come out. I just changed the hose when I got a new turbo/engine. Oh and I could see the buildup if I went under the car and looked up at the turbo.
    My woman hates the money pit
    2002 WRX Hybrid 2.5L 16G

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.