Problems with my 6 disc cd changer

This is a discussion on Problems with my 6 disc cd changer within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I dont know whats been going on, but as of lately my CD changers definetely been acting up. First, while ...

Problems with my 6 disc cd changer

I dont know whats been going on, but as of lately my CD changers definetely been acting up. First, while listening to music it will randomly shut off and spit out my CD. At first it would do it every once in awhile. Now I can barely get it to play a CD. Also the only way to get it working again after switching a CD I have to shut it off for 30 seconds and turn it back on.
    Anyone ever have problems with their changer or any suggestions on what I should do or how it can be fixed? I appreciate the help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I've had problems with mine lately as well. About two weeks ago I tried to change from one disc to another and it seems to have jammed or something. I can't get it to play or eject any of the 6 cds inside. I also think it is stuck on cd 5. The extent of my car audio knowledge involved punching it in a fit of frustration but that didn't help so I'm lost too...

I can take them out, maybe ill just unload them all and put only 1 in. Cause once I loaded all 6 slots it only took a week b4 it went all haywire. So maybe ill leave some slots open from now on. Any help would be appreciated