accident help
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on accident help within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; so yeah i recently got into an accident and i need a pricing estimate on how much itll take to ...

accident help

so yeah i recently got into an accident and i need a pricing estimate on how much itll take to fix. and if anyone is a mechanic in the tri-state area please help!

Last edited by sicksynergy; 04-17-2008 at 01:04 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Where in Tri-State?
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

new jersey, near the princeton area

Registered User farBeyondDriven's Avatar
    Doesn't look good, man. I'd say $4,000 if you're lucky... My brother works at a shop around here in NJ, but we're way south of Princeton.
    2006 Panty Dropper

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."

yeah actually i just called my insurance and they said that theyd cover it, but if its aftermarket parts like my injen cai... would that be replaced as well?

Registered User farBeyondDriven's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sicksynergy View Post
    yeah actually i just called my insurance and they said that theyd cover it, but if its aftermarket parts like my injen cai... would that be replaced as well?
    Most likely not. Unless you reported it as an aftermarket part to your insurance company prior they won't cover it.

A CAI is not good for your car without a tune for it anyway. Did you have a professional tune with the CAI on at the time?
    2006 Panty Dropper

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."

it was pro tuned i believe, i bought it off another person and they said that they did have a professional do it for them

It is your car's way of getting rid of the cai...

Sorry to here about the damage, i know how you feel.
    New EnglandF4
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #010

You expect somebody to give an estimate based on a few photos on the internet? There's way too much damage to the car for that. If the front suspension is damaged at all that could easily add $1000 to the estimate. Looks like there could be radiator damage too, and many other things. Impossible to say except that it'll be at least a few thousand.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.