'05 WRX Timing Belt Tensioner vs Timing Belt Tensioner Component

This is a discussion on '05 WRX Timing Belt Tensioner vs Timing Belt Tensioner Component within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I am replacing my timing belt. I will be replacing the T-Belt, water pump and tensioner. In my search for ...

Lightbulb '05 WRX Timing Belt Tensioner vs Timing Belt Tensioner Component

I am replacing my timing belt. I will be replacing the T-Belt, water pump and tensioner. In my search for parts I discover I can purchase the Tensioner or the whole component. This is the different between a $60-$70 purchase or a $170-$200 purchase.

My question is should I, or do I have to, replace the entire component or will I be able to purchase and install just the tensioner?

I do not race it, I do have fun from time to time, but overall normal driving. 137k Miles 85% Highway, it is an '05, I drive a lot for work and road trippin.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Duh

My mistake, found a website and was able to check out what is involved with the Tensioner Component. When purchasing the the entire component you get additional pulleys to replace the entire system. So never mind answered my own questions.