I am really disappointed

This is a discussion on I am really disappointed within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I had my bad boy on the computer when i got a check engine light and car started running funny ...

I am really disappointed

I had my bad boy on the computer when i got a check engine light and car started running funny it said to change my throttle position sensor i did that the car is still doing the same thing. I had the car for 1 month now and im getting kinda fustrated cause i serviced it changed the sensor and nothing still has CEL. The car rev needle drops to zero, when you let off the throttle it catches itself it misses at 4000rpm. When the car is cool it runs fine but after a lil hard driving the CEL comes on then the **** starts. AHHHHHHHHHHH Help please

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Are you just ranting or do you have a question?
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Im asking for help suggestions what can it be a bad pump, bad or dirty injectors.

Take a minute to try to compose yourself and really illustrate to us what the problem is. Try to use full sentences with proper grammar and punctuation so we can understand what you're trying to say. That will in an of itself make it a LOT easier for someone to try to help troubleshoot what your issue may be. Also, include a list of modifications, the model year of the car, and any other potential history of the vehicle that may be relevant.

Ok its a 1994 WRX with an STI sticker in the back but im not sure if someone put that there. Mods are muffler system thats it when i start it for the day it drives fine when i drive it a little hard the CEL comes on the the car starts missing and if you try to launch out of a corner the rev needle drops to zero and car dies but doesnt cut off as soon as you take your foot off the accelerator to car catches itself took it to the diagnostic center he told me reading stated throttle postion sensor. i changed that but nothing changed. Anything else

Nat
    Quote Originally Posted by lilpkin View Post
    Mods are muffler system thats it when i start it for the day it drives fine when i drive it a little hard the CEL comes on the the car starts missing and if you try to launch out of a corner the rev needle drops to zero and car dies but doesnt cut off as soon as you take your foot off the accelerator to car catches itself took it to the diagnostic center he told me reading stated throttle postion sensor.
    Longest run-on sentence evarrrr!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by lilpkin View Post
    Ok its a 1994 WRX with an STI sticker in the back but im not sure if someone put that there. Mods are muffler system thats it when i start it for the day it drives fine when i drive it a little hard the CEL comes on the the car starts missing and if you try to launch out of a corner the rev needle drops to zero and car dies but doesnt cut off as soon as you take your foot off the accelerator to car catches itself took it to the diagnostic center he told me reading stated throttle postion sensor. i changed that but nothing changed. Anything else
    Which needle? Tachometer or speedometer?

Tachmeter. Imagine launching and all of a sudden all power lose gives you a bad jerk so hard car jumps in neutral

Find out what number the CEL code is and post that number here. Also, it sounds to me based on your description you might be experiencing fuel pump starvation (just based on what you said above). If you try getting on the gas hard through a high-g corner sometimes the fuel pump can become starved and cause a moment of hesitation that is almost like the car shutting off for a second. The "fix" for this is to not try to beat on the car through the corners with less than 1/4 tank of gas.

Also, where are you located, how many miles on the car, when was the last time you did preventative maintenance on the car, i.e. fuel filter, spark plugs, pcv, etc?

i will get the number and it doesnt do it on cornering it does it on a straight but it still can be fuel starvation. im from the bahamas but it came from japan. I serviced it when i got it a month ago oh what is pcv. The car has 110,00miles

Pressurized crankcase ventilation valve. It relieves pressure from the crankcase and should be serviced every 2 or 3 oil changes. It wouldn't cause MAJOR issues like this but could contribute to poor gas mileage or some hesitation.

Post the code and we'll see if it makes more sense.