Confirmed, Im buring oil

This is a discussion on Confirmed, Im buring oil within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I started getting a smell in my STI last friday and wasnt sure what it was. I made a post ...

Confirmed, Im buring oil

I started getting a smell in my STI last friday and wasnt sure what it was. I made a post here asking people for some help. And was told that i am either burning oil or my clutch since i wasnt 100% sure of what i was smelling.

So this time, on Sunday, when i started gettting the smell again, i pulled over, popped the hood and stuck my nose all over to find the origin of the smell. Since i saw small amounts of smoke this time, im sure im burning oil and not the clutch.

the smoke was coming for the leftside (turbo-side) behind the engine (betwen firewall and motor). right around the turbo.

any ideas as to where i could be leaking?
    valve cover gasgett? hopefully not the head gasgett on that side?

any comments or instructions would be very appreciated.
    Black 2004 WRX STi - BlobEye Syndicate #200
    "As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no EVO."
    I'm always looking for Subaru fanatics in the greater Montreal area. If your close, send me a pm.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

There's a lot of things in that area that could be leaking. Sorry, but you're going to have to track it down yourself!
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading