ohoh questions.

This is a discussion on ohoh questions. within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; is there any way to tell what size turbo i have on my car? i THINK its a vf34 but ...

ohoh questions.

is there any way to tell what size turbo i have on my car? i THINK its a vf34 but am not positive.
    also how is to high for egt, and oil temp? ive heard a few different things from different people so now im questioning what the hell is right. and i know under 30 for fuel pressure is bad, but what should it be at idle?

im going to replace the stock boost gauge fairly soon, is there any good way to cover the hole where it was?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    The Subaru part #,IHI part # and turbo type are on the front of the compressor housing.At idle you should see 35-38psi or a constant 43.5psi if you remove the vacuum line,at idle.1600F EGT is kinda high especially if you still have catalytic convertors in the exhaust system.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

I Support ClubWRX
    My fuel pressure at idle is 38, 44 w/vac. line removed.
    Oil temps are around 195-210, depending on driving speed/traffic, etc.

My EGTs at 65-70mph cruise are around 12-1250*F. WOT I see 1350-1450.
    Rogan o_0
    '96 Dodge 2500 CTD @ 40psi - over 700 lb/ft TQ, 7" stack, and 5speed! - SOLD
    '01 Dodge 2500 CTD 6-holed hand-shaker - 3850# dual disk - 900 lb/ft - SOLD
    '97 Dodge 3500 CTD DUALLY built Auto - 40psi boosties - 750 lb/ft

Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    My fuel pressure at idle is 38, 44 w/vac. line removed.
    Oil temps are around 195-210, depending on driving speed/traffic, etc.

My EGTs at 65-70mph cruise are around 12-1250*F. WOT I see 1350-1450.
    thanks. my fuel pressure is about 43psi at idle, EGT is close to yours as well, abit warmer i think(havent been at 65-70 for awhile). oil temp is the same.

it wasnt the easiest thing to get the numbers off the turbo. but its a vf39, not 34.

now that im back to work i can get my clutch on, misfire sorted out(most likely injectors), timing belt changed, tune, new tires, boost gauge ect, maybe fmic. so much to do this summer...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by gogetr View Post
    thanks. my fuel pressure is about 43psi at idle,
    is that WITH or WITHOUT the vacuum line connected?
    Rogan o_0

is that WITH or WITHOUT the vacuum line connected?
    good question. im not sure, hopefully without. where is this vac. line coming from and going to?(i dont know a **** ton about these cars yet, tis my first turbo'd car... from a non-turbo dsm with alot of turbo dsm's around me.)

p.s. i feel retarded for asking what should be a simple question

I Support ClubWRX
    fuel pressure regulator is on pass.side fuel rail. A small goldish-looking disk-thing. It'll have a vac. line on it, that is a few inches long, from there it goes to the same side intake manifold.
    Rogan o_0

fuel pressure regulator is on pass.side fuel rail. A small goldish-looking disk-thing. It'll have a vac. line on it, that is a few inches long, from there it goes to the same side intake manifold.
    well my fuel pressure regulator isn't gold anymore... but yea its on there. i was able to push it on a bit more. but its to short and tight to fit it all the way on. but its slide on enough to where it shouldnt matter

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by gogetr View Post
    well my fuel pressure regulator isn't gold anymore... but yea its on there. i was able to push it on a bit more. but its to short and tight to fit it all the way on. but its slide on enough to where it shouldnt matter
    then monitor the fuel pressure, and see if it changes from the vac. line connected/disconnected...
    Rogan o_0

then monitor the fuel pressure, and see if it changes from the vac. line connected/disconnected...
    it went up to about 50.5-51 psi. im going to go get a new line, that one pulls off and goes on way to easy. would my fp be that high since i have sti pink injectors and probaly a 255 pump?

I Support ClubWRX
    it shouldnt be. I have 800cc injectors and a Walbro HVHP 255lph and mine is 38 @ idle w/vac., 42-43psi at idle w/vac. off.

Might have a faulty FPR or a clogged return.
    Rogan o_0

it shouldnt be. I have 800cc injectors and a Walbro HVHP 255lph and mine is 38 @ idle w/vac., 42-43psi at idle w/vac. off.

Might have a faulty FPR or a clogged return.
    hmm... when you start your car does your FPG go about 10 psi higher than normal then go to normal after a few seconds? when i first start it will go to about 50 or so then back down. its like it gets stuck. is there an easy way to check the FPR or returns to see which, if either are off? i really need to do my clutch and check my injectors first though. i keep getting a 2&4 miss fire. but havent had either in a couple days...