Problems
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Problems within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok, First of all I want to say that I am new to the Subaru and turbo world. I have ...

Problems

Ok, First of all I want to say that I am new to the Subaru and turbo world. I have a 2003 WRX and when I get it about to the 0 line on the boost gage it jumps up in RPM's but does not go anywhere. Is this just the clutch or do I have bigger problems. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff h View Post
    Ok, First of all I want to say that I am new to the Subaru and turbo world. I have a 2003 WRX and when I get it about to the 0 line on the boost gage it jumps up in RPM's but does not go anywhere. Is this just the clutch or do I have bigger problems. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

hi Jeff! welcome to the Club. It most def. sounds like it could be a clucth issue, but you may want to post some more specific info. Does this happen in every gear, what rpms etc.. but if your rpms are climbing without the car moving, I can't think of anything else it could be..
    Last edited by timber; 04-12-2008 at 09:15 PM. Reason: spelling>me
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    - Founder, 250,000 mile club
    -5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by timber View Post
    hi Jeff! welcome to the Club. It most def. sounds like it could be a cluth issue, but you may want to post some more specific info. Does this happen in every gear, what rpms etc.. but if your rpms are climbing without the car moving, I can't think of anything else it could be..
    +1 yea it soubds like the clutch, right around 0 is where you start producing boost, and thats where the hp kicks in. making a bad clutch slip.
    COBB FLASHED STAGE 2, UPPIPE, DOWNPIPE WITH HIGH FLOW CAT, AND FULL 3 INCH CAT BACK, 160 CRUCIAL RACING THERMOSTAT, K&N FILTER. TRACK: 1/4 MILE 13.66 102.7 MPH ON THE COBB OTS MAP

Thats what it sounded like to me. Yes it does it in every gear. When it hits around 2000 rpm's, but is not in the boost I can get it to speed up slowly, but anything over that or in the boost it will jump anywhere from 3500 to 6000 rpms depending on how much I have the throttle pushed in. It feels like it is not grabbing almost like how my rear wheel drive truck feels when I spin the tires, just a real lose feeling and then letting the throttle out it feels like it grabs back in (below 2000 or so). This is my daily driver, what is a good strong clutch to put back in it. Thanks for all the help!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff h View Post
    Thats what it sounded like to me. Yes it does it in every gear. When it hits around 2000 rpm's, but is not in the boost I can get it to speed up slowly, but anything over that or in the boost it will jump anywhere from 3500 to 6000 rpms depending on how much I have the throttle pushed in. It feels like it is not grabbing almost like how my rear wheel drive truck feels when I spin the tires, just a real lose feeling and then letting the throttle out it feels like it grabs back in (below 2000 or so). This is my daily driver, what is a good strong clutch to put back in it. Thanks for all the help!
    If you are Stage II or less, stock is good. I have 180,000+ miles on my stocker
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    - Founder, 250,000 mile club
    -5,000 posts

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.