hesitation/backfires - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on hesitation/backfires within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; cel = check engine light my 02 has an mbc, I'm going to take it off, my question is do ...

cel = check engine light

my 02 has an mbc, I'm going to take it off, my question is do you just connect the 2 ends together and the computer controls the boost or do I need to replace it with something?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Oops, a little preemptive... I found a thread describing the question I asked!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    The problem here is that until you remove the bad components that could be causing problems, you're going to have a hard time identifying why the new behavior is happening. Some small other change may now be interacting with all of those 3 bad mods and now making them cause problems. Or cumulative effects of those bad mods may just now be causing problems. Ultimately, you need to get the car back to a good, reliable, solid baseline by removing the parts that are known to cause problems before you can start troubleshooting what's wrong now.
    ^listen to this man

and +1 on cleaning the maf sensor
    '02 PSM WRX stg 2
    '67 camaro (my dad's, but hopefully one day i can delete these parenthesis)

bugeye mafia #161

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    The bucking /backfiring usually had two culprets.Dirty MAF or clogged fuel sock.Are you guys getting DTC/CEL's?
    i didn't at first but later did the dealership cleared them and threw all this **** on it i drove it again after and it came on again i said **** it because if i can't fix it im trading the pos in, but then it went away but the hesitation is still there

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.