hesitation/backfires - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on hesitation/backfires within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; cel = check engine light my 02 has an mbc, I'm going to take it off, my question is do ...

cel = check engine light

my 02 has an mbc, I'm going to take it off, my question is do you just connect the 2 ends together and the computer controls the boost or do I need to replace it with something?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Oops, a little preemptive... I found a thread describing the question I asked!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    The problem here is that until you remove the bad components that could be causing problems, you're going to have a hard time identifying why the new behavior is happening. Some small other change may now be interacting with all of those 3 bad mods and now making them cause problems. Or cumulative effects of those bad mods may just now be causing problems. Ultimately, you need to get the car back to a good, reliable, solid baseline by removing the parts that are known to cause problems before you can start troubleshooting what's wrong now.
    ^listen to this man

and +1 on cleaning the maf sensor
    '02 PSM WRX stg 2
    '67 camaro (my dad's, but hopefully one day i can delete these parenthesis)

bugeye mafia #161

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    The bucking /backfiring usually had two culprets.Dirty MAF or clogged fuel sock.Are you guys getting DTC/CEL's?
    i didn't at first but later did the dealership cleared them and threw all this **** on it i drove it again after and it came on again i said **** it because if i can't fix it im trading the pos in, but then it went away but the hesitation is still there

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12