What could be causing CEL code PO244?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on What could be causing CEL code PO244? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I really hope somebody can give me some insight as to what might be causing my check engine light to ...

What could be causing CEL code PO244?

I really hope somebody can give me some insight as to what might be causing my check engine light to pop on. I got a read and its code P0244: " The PCM has determined that the votage signal for wastegate solenoid "A" is out of range for the current engine operating conditions."

My car is totally stock save for a BOV, which was on when I bought the car. My car is behaving oddly at high RPMs in gears 4 and 5 and when the throttle is really pushed in any gear. I think it has something to do with the turbo. I'm planning a 4k mile roadtrip in the middle of May and I really don't want to drive that far if my car is acting funny but at the same time I don't want to get the run-around from some mechanic.

If anybody has any ideas as to where I should begin as far as correcting this problem, PLEASE let me know. Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

r you sure that you dont have a down pipe? make sure you dont, you could be havng wat is called boost creep, r you sure it doesnt do it in third gear too, i believe thats where you run the higest boost. i personally would invest in the cobb accessport, it will tell you the codes, i dont know wat that code is, but myguess the guy might have have performance parts on it before. the reason the car could run like crap at higher rpms could be because your leaning out.
    COBB FLASHED STAGE 2, UPPIPE, DOWNPIPE WITH HIGH FLOW CAT, AND FULL 3 INCH CAT BACK, 160 CRUCIAL RACING THERMOSTAT, K&N FILTER. TRACK: 1/4 MILE 13.66 102.7 MPH ON THE COBB OTS MAP

To be honest, I don't know if I have an aftermarket downpipe. I'm gonna follow up on that. Suppose I do and suppose that I am experiencing boost creep, then what do I need to do to correct the probelm? Is this a problem can can be potenially very harmful to my car?

Get rid of the BOV and then tell us if you're still having problems.....
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

im having this same problem on my car. just started though. i have TBE no cat + FMIC with Agency 50/50 BOV XPT map. what can i do to fix this cell anyone?
    2006 STi
    412WHP--407WTQ tuned by Bobby @ PRE in Portland

2005 R1 10.26 @ 129.4

Quote Originally Posted by speed13a View Post
    im having this same problem on my car. just started though. i have TBE no cat + FMIC with Agency 50/50 BOV XPT map. what can i do to fix this cell anyone?
    Who protuned your car to support these mods? If the answer is nobody, then there's your problem. You're running several mods that are not recommended so put them together and you have a bad setup, compounded by a lack of tuning.
    Scott
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.

i got the XPT stage 2 map.. then me and (Braden) the person that started enginuity now Romraider. did some street tuning. i did pulls sent in. he replied made correctionns. did it till it was good. im not pro tuned but im tuned not just slapped stuff on and drove. also i had my car since Nov 05. and know better. the cell just came up. we did the setup at the end of last summer when it was getting cold. i guess fall. now its hot. there is no problem i can see. no sputtring no fuel cut. runs like a champ. just wanted to see if there is something else. i just hit 40k. im dricing to florida for some training and thats 2k. i just dont want anything to break on the way there
    2006 STi

2005 R1 10.26 @ 129.4

also how do you figure i have a bad setup??? whats classified as a bad set up??? let me know
    2006 STi

2005 R1 10.26 @ 129.4

Quote Originally Posted by speed13a View Post
    also how do you figure i have a bad setup??? whats classified as a bad set up??? let me know
    You don't have a cat. That right there is a big no no for the STi. I would get a DP with a cat unless you like running into boost issues because there's no way that you can reliably tune for the lack of backpressure from a catless exhaust and the stock turbo.

There's no need to have the FMIC without a larger turbo. It's adding complexity to an already complex system and providing no benefits. The shorter piping of the stock TMIC is going to work better, plus the stock setup is supplying more than enough air to the turbo so there's no need for a larger IC because your intake charge is not much larger than stock.

With respect to the 50/50 BOV, how is that set up, i.e. how much is venting to atmosphere? Aftermarket BOVs are notorious for causing problems in Subarus. Hopefully you have it set up 50/50 instead of venting to atmosphere but even then, the stock BPV is going to work better.

I'm glad to hear that your car was tuned, but I've listed three things above that are not recommended mods for an STi and you've done all three of them together.
    Scott

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.