Just changed my oil!!!!! - Page 3
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Just changed my oil!!!!! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; In response to that post and that post only: You will not feel a difference changing from brand XXX 5w30 ...

In response to that post and that post only: You will not feel a difference changing from brand XXX 5w30 to Mobil1 5w30. If you're saying you changed the weights of the oil from say a 10w40 to a 5w30, it would be such fractionally small difference that it would be impossible to feel with your butt dyno, which I assume is your measure of performance.

How about this Justin, tell us what oil you changed FROM...that's what I'm interested to hear. I know Mobil1 is good, I'm not denying that, I'm just curious to hear what it's better than that you had in there previously.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Timdog1650 View Post
    In response to that post and that post only: You will not feel a difference changing from brand XXX 5w30 to Mobil1 5w30. If you're saying you changed the weights of the oil from say a 10w40 to a 5w30, it would be such fractionally small difference that it would be impossible to feel with your butt dyno, which I assume is your measure of performance.

How about this Justin, tell us what oil you changed FROM...that's what I'm interested to hear. I know Mobil1 is good, I'm not denying that, I'm just curious to hear what it's better than that you had in there previously.
    that was the original post dam cant you read i just told you wats was in the original post that there was no power gain felt yet......
    COBB FLASHED STAGE 2, UPPIPE, DOWNPIPE WITH HIGH FLOW CAT, AND FULL 3 INCH CAT BACK, 160 CRUCIAL RACING THERMOSTAT, K&N FILTER. TRACK: 1/4 MILE 13.66 102.7 MPH ON THE COBB OTS MAP

How about this Justin, tell us what oil you changed FROM...that's what I'm interested to hear.
    Answer the question.

5w 30 non synthetic to mobile 1 5w 30 full synthetic
    COBB FLASHED STAGE 2, UPPIPE, DOWNPIPE WITH HIGH FLOW CAT, AND FULL 3 INCH CAT BACK, 160 CRUCIAL RACING THERMOSTAT, K&N FILTER. TRACK: 1/4 MILE 13.66 102.7 MPH ON THE COBB OTS MAP

Quote Originally Posted by justin.jordan2 View Post
    5w 30 non synthetic to mobile 1 5w 30 full synthetic
    I stand by my original statement.

/unsubscribe.

I stand by my original statement.

/unsubscribe.
    dam read a f...... book dumb...

Banned
    Timdog I never called you any names, we just stated that your wrong and you can't accept that so make of it what you will. Ruin your rexi i don't care. It's because of people like you why I will never buy a used car much less a Subaru. Like I said before if you really did a dyno comparison you either did not know how to read the results or you did it at different oil and water temps, which the test would now be inconclusive. Your right everybody is wrong, praise the timdog lord.

For what its worth I totally agree with timdog and you guys should head on over to nasioc and continue this debate...This used to be such a friendly forum.

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Tim dog is right

Nasty crotch shut the hell up before i get al gore to turn the ****ing internet off.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by justin.jordan2 View Post
    dam read a f...... book dumb...
    your dumb, sorry.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

I Support ClubWRX
    aaaaand we're done here.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    fellas- this is a technical forum, this is not OT. engine oil (amongst other subjects) are usually highly debatable subjects- there ARE going to be varying opinions, nothing wrong w/ that- it's the readers job to sort through the varying opinions.

debate = fine, name calling = not fine (as in won't be tolerated)

thanks
    "Simplify and add lightness." - Colin Chapman

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.