Just changed my oil!!!!! - Page 2
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Just changed my oil!!!!! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Never cared for any of the Q.S. products. No hard data to point to. It's simply that, as I got ...

Never cared for any of the Q.S. products. No hard data to point to. It's simply that, as I got into cars and bikes, there were several alternatives that knowledgable mechnic's (i knew) recommended while QS never (ever) got the nod.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    Just do your research. I am not a big fan of qs because of past experiences in friends cars. I love mobil 1 and a factory oil filter, best combo money can buy. never ever ever ever use red line. i bought a red line wrx poerpack and noticed right away it started slowing down my sunchros in my transmission and i had more turbo lag by about 200 rpm no good. i went back to mobil 1 and synchromesh and love the way my engine feels and how my tranny shifts

mobile 1 oil and mobile 1 diff sythetic oil... and k&n oil filter works great
    COBB FLASHED STAGE 2, UPPIPE, DOWNPIPE WITH HIGH FLOW CAT, AND FULL 3 INCH CAT BACK, 160 CRUCIAL RACING THERMOSTAT, K&N FILTER. TRACK: 1/4 MILE 13.66 102.7 MPH ON THE COBB OTS MAP

Quote Originally Posted by Timdog1650 View Post
    Justin, please, for the love of god, tell me that you HONESTLY believe changing your motor oil is going to have a noticeable effect on performance.
    i have not noticed it in my wrx but when i had my mr2 i definatly noticed a difference so yea i did.. and yes other people have as wellswitching from non synthetic oil to full synthetic. so sorry to burst ur bubble..
    COBB FLASHED STAGE 2, UPPIPE, DOWNPIPE WITH HIGH FLOW CAT, AND FULL 3 INCH CAT BACK, 160 CRUCIAL RACING THERMOSTAT, K&N FILTER. TRACK: 1/4 MILE 13.66 102.7 MPH ON THE COBB OTS MAP

Yeah you should be, my whole perception of how internal combustion engines work has been totally shattered! If I were you I would do some reading before I tried to contribute any more highly technical information...help save some face.
    i will promise you that if you dont know the leading cause of power robb from an internal combustion is friction..... from tranny... gears... and lack of lubrication.... so.. sorry your wrong again go read a book your self.. i have been too school for mechanics so yes i know what im talking about.... im not sayn i know everything.... but i do know what im talking about here...

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    i was told that royal purple would add 10hp, my butt dyno results were inconclusive so i switched back from the purple stuff to M1
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

Banned
    Yeah timdog1650 you are the one that needs to read up on your stuff. pull your foot out and realize like justin said if you reduce friction you can effectively reduce the drag coeffiecency and effectively can make slightly more horsepower. not alot but a little. if you honestly believe that you wont cancel your membership sell your subie and buy a kia cause you deserve one. dont come in here acting like your crap dont stink especially on this kind of subject.

Banned
    Yeah you should be, my whole perception of how internal combustion engines work has been totally shattered! If I were you I would do some reading before I tried to contribute any more highly technical information...help save some face.
    Honestly i'm beginning to wonder if you even know how an internal combustion engine works. Not to mention if you can make any sensible judgments on motor oil for that matter. It's nice to see other people thinking they know everything about cars or more specifically engines and coming back so strong with all your replys just to be wrong. Go to school or dont quote anybody who knows more than you.

Banned

Red face

Okay first off you really obviously have not done a dyno comparison because what your stating is incorrect. I'm not going to go back and forth with you. Like I said before when you reduce the friction of the rotating mass by reducing the drag coefficiency, you most certainly will gain a little power as in about 2-5 horse at the crank. I never said that it would be a noticeable change in performance/feel of the car, I just stated that you would see very small gains. For you to even question that makes me doubt your knowledge. Not trying to call you an idiot or anything but just stating that your wrong and when you did the dyno comparison, as you state, did you make sure that both pulls with the different oil, were at the same oil and water temperature because if not that will make a difference have fun,your wrong,be dumb, sorry just my $.02 worth

Bump!!!!!!!!!!!Bump!!!!!!!!!!!!!Bump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike I delete my posts because they have nothing to do with the original post by Justin. Clubwrx is not about name calling or insults. I did neither in any of my posts. If you want to take this to email or PM's, I'll be happy to play along but there is no need for it on this thread anymore. I'll be happy to further explain my point or rebut any argument you want to make if you would like, but let's not crap up this thread any more.

~Tim

here tim read very carfully here is the original post.............................................. ......hey every on i just changed my oil with mobile 1 full synthetic 5w30 and a K&N oil filter, wow wat a difference it made. I cant tell in power wise yet, but wow it cut down on the engine noise, everyone knows wat im talking about. i have an 05 wrx. P.S. anyone know the size of the square bolt in the rear diff, i wanted to change it but couldnt get them out, thanx

there you go..read..... i cant tell a power difference yet..... you more than likely will never feel a power diff. but if you do it will be slight..... disagree if you want, but if you dont believe me run crappy oil in ur car find out the hard way...

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.