New 08 WRX.....under 4000rpm for first 2000km?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New 08 WRX.....under 4000rpm for first 2000km? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i just bought an 08 WRX 4-door......i hear your supposed to keep it under 4000rpm for the first 2000km, is ...

New 08 WRX.....under 4000rpm for first 2000km?

i just bought an 08 WRX 4-door......i hear your supposed to keep it under 4000rpm for the first 2000km, is this true?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Its good for the engine if you allow it to "break in" before driving hard on it. This goes for any new car really.
    08 wrx hatchy
    stock for now

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    take some time to actually read your owners manual... you'll find the exact numbers there.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

My first Scooby and my first post....!!!!

I've been reading a whole bunch about how to break in lately. I just picked up my '08 WRX last night (and LOVE it!). Anyway, I've decided to do the following:

- Drive at varying speeds and gears, under 4k for the first 1000 miles.
    - I'll be getting an oil change at 1000 miles with regular oil.
    - I'll then start driving more normally with excursions to 5k until 2500 miles.
    - After 2500 miles I'll start tapping the red line a little...
    - At 3000 miles I'll change the oil again but move to Mobil 1.
    - After that I'll be driving like normal....

I'm not saying this is the a good or a bad way to do things, it's just what makes me feel comfortable. I have read a lot of reports swearing by driving hard from day one. I just don't feel comfortable with it so I can't do it!!!

Just my $0.02....

p.s. I've been wanting a WRX since I was a kid - I'm from Scotland and followed Colin McRae closely - my childhood hero! I've finally got one and it's more than worth it...!!!!!
    2008 WRX Red (and therefore faster)
    2008 Nissan Sentra (wifes)

UK and Ex-Pats chat forum
    UK Chat Group

Wingl3ss @lliance #21

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by acrscotland View Post
    I'

p.s. I've been wanting a WRX since I was a kid - I'm from Scotland and followed Colin McRae closely - my childhood hero! I've finally got one and it's more than worth it...!!!!!
    Welcome to the club
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.