Car is really sluggish.

This is a discussion on Car is really sluggish. within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; For some reason my 2005 WRX is really sluggish right now. This kind of started today for no reason at ...

Car is really sluggish.

For some reason my 2005 WRX is really sluggish right now. This kind of started today for no reason at all. The only thing I did to it recently was changing my oil with rotella syntec. Any thoughts or comments that you think I should do? If i take it to the dealer I bought it from they are going to send it to a local subaru dealership and who knows when I'll get it back.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Did The Car Have Fully Synthetic Oil In It Before , This Might Be The Problem, If The Oil You Changed Wasnt Fully Syn.... That Would Be My Guess. If You Didnt Change Anythang Else.
    COBB FLASHED STAGE 2, UPPIPE, DOWNPIPE WITH HIGH FLOW CAT, AND FULL 3 INCH CAT BACK, 160 CRUCIAL RACING THERMOSTAT, K&N FILTER. TRACK: 1/4 MILE 13.66 102.7 MPH ON THE COBB OTS MAP

Yea I had the dreaded Mobil 1 5w-30 in it before. I did change the weight of the oil tho to 5w-40.

heat soak
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

its 43 F outside

i heard of people resetting there ecu by unplugging the battery for 45 min then they put it back on and that resets the ecu. i heard that works to reset it. make sure you just didnt get bad fuel, at least 91 oct.
    COBB FLASHED STAGE 2, UPPIPE, DOWNPIPE WITH HIGH FLOW CAT, AND FULL 3 INCH CAT BACK, 160 CRUCIAL RACING THERMOSTAT, K&N FILTER. TRACK: 1/4 MILE 13.66 102.7 MPH ON THE COBB OTS MAP

We have the good stuff out here 93 so I never get anything less. It could be since I was in a rush the othere day I could of filled up with a lower grade or a batch of bad gass but what ever the case is this is not normal.

r you reaching target boost still.....

Yea from what I know I checked it earlier and still making target boost. Maybe my car is pulling mad! timing

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SlverEJ20 View Post
    Yea I had the dreaded Mobil 1 5w-30 in it before. I did change the weight of the oil tho to 5w-40.
    there is nothing wrong with 5w-40 M1, i prefer a thinner oil, but 40w is ok.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

I'm going to check for leaks in a few

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    a tank of 89 octane would retard the timing but would the car still hit target boost with the the ECU pulling the timing?
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

Dont know