15000 miles?

This is a discussion on 15000 miles? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I drive a 2004 sti that is approaching 15000 miles. Ive read a couple different opinions on the 15000 mile ...

15000 miles?

I drive a 2004 sti that is approaching 15000 miles. Ive read a couple different opinions on the 15000 mile service and am wondering if theres any fluid changes i should do besides the oil and tires rotating. Is it good to change the tranny fluid this early in the cars life? or should i wait for 30 k.. I figure i need to top off my fluids at least if not changing some of them. My second gear has been feeling a little rough and i was hoping a fluids change would do the car well. Any ideas for what exactly i should do?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Do exactly as Subaru says. There is no harm in performing additional procedures but they are not necessary. Only what's in the manual is necessary.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.