Problem--Need Help
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Problem--Need Help within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I've got an 05 wrx I bought used about a year ago. Its got exactly 100k on the odo (I ...

Problem--Need Help

I've got an 05 wrx I bought used about a year ago. Its got exactly 100k on the odo (I was commuting 180 miles a day for a while there). The only mod that was on it and still is is a BOV. Yesterday the Check Engine Light came on when I hit about 90, which I rarely do. After I got home I let the engine cool down, disconnected the negative battery terminal and the light went away. Now here's the problem: I drove it around for a little while after that an noticed that when I let off the accelerator, the noise from the BOV seems unusually loud. Also, acceleration doesn't feel the same. I stomped on it on third gear at about 30 miles per hour and the car took off, like I was in second. I know that isn't good. The CEL remained off for the remainder of the evening. My suspicion is something's wrong with the air/fuel ratio, maybe caused by the BOV, which I have planned on removing since I got the car but never got around to it. I kind of wish the CEL was still on so I can have diagnostic easlier ran on my car. Any ideas guys?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Its most likely exactly what you thought it was. Take you BOV off.
    2005 WRB WRX "was" STAGE 2

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.