SORRY SO LONG

2003 WRX 5spd, 3" turboback, turboxs up-pipe, perrin drop in filter, boost gauge:

I am in the process of returning my car to stock as far as tuning. I reflashed my ECU back to the stock map and I was only hitting like 10psi in like 2nd-4th gear it seemed. Sometimes it would jump a little but not much. I had previously been running a XPT map stage 2 so I had adjusted my wastegate arm accordingly to hit the proper boost.

SO...i lengthened the wastegate arm pretty good to in order to see what I am working with sort of a base line and start working my way back up to the target stock boost.I was hitting like 9.34psi in like 2nd gear. I shortened my WG actuator arm a lot and was still only seeing like 11.Xpsi in 2nd and 3rd gear. Not under complete full load (58XX rpm) but still these turbos are little and attain full boost quick normally.

It seems I remember that the stock setting on the wastegate actuator arm wasnt shortened that much and I am trying to figure out what the hell is going on. I could shorten it more, but I feel as though I am just putting the band-aid on a wound and not assessing the core issue.

I will look at my stock map I think it says something like 13.8psi right or 13.5psi BUT...:
Stock boost is 14.3psi right?
Either way lets say is was 14.3psi, would 14.3psi be a target for 5th gear in the factory setup?

We all know under higher load you will be hitting higher boost and thats why we dont wanna hit 14.3 in 2nd or 3rd gear.

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT EVEN A PICTURE OF THE STOCK WASTEGATE ACTUATOR ARM UNADJUSTED!