High Miles

This is a discussion on High Miles within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi my Wrx is reaching about 100,000 miles soon and i was just wondering if there was any specific additive ...

High Miles

Hi my Wrx is reaching about 100,000 miles soon and i was just wondering if there was any specific additive in the oil that other owners use to keep the engine in top shape? Please leave any suggestions

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

No additives, some might use a "high milage" formula oil.
    2005 WRB WRX "was" STAGE 2

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    change the oil every 3,000 miles
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

I Support ClubWRX
    Just follow the maintenance schedule. You'll need a timing belt in 5 K miles, and you should have done the 90 K maintenance plus had one oil change minimum since then.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.