Ignition Coils!

This is a discussion on Ignition Coils! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey people how goes it? Im having some probs with my 02 wrx wagon. Is there problems with my year ...

Ignition Coils!

Hey people how goes it? Im having some probs with my 02 wrx wagon. Is there problems with my year in that area? Im stressed out. Some feedback would be great. I have replaced two coils already... (two weeks ago)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Maybe they just got old and wore out?
    Ive never heard of any TSBs on that.
    2005 WRB WRX "was" STAGE 2

I Support ClubWRX
    Why did you replace two coils already? What CELs are shown? What mods do you have? What happened before and after the replacement -- how did the car run before and after? How did you select which two coils to replace?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I took it to the dealer and they determined it was an innermitent misfire. Two coils were burnt out. It ran good when I first got it, but ran really well when it got fixed. What did you mean by "CEL's" Thanks Im a but retarded with my car still... still learning.

CELs = Check Engine Light
    2005 WRB WRX "was" STAGE 2

Yeah it came on when I turned on the car. I hope it all works out. I fixed it though... well the check engine light went off.

Coils

Yeah, I'm getting ready to swap out my coils, I can't figure which is the problem so I'm doing trial and error with each one at a time.

Or I can blow $600.00 and do'em all!

I have no CEL, but that's got to be the problem, everthing else is up to maintenance.
    2003 Subie WRX
    Some Personal Drift mods; lining up for Stage 1 mods. Independent Driver.(I really like to drive!!!)