strong vibes

This is a discussion on strong vibes within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I thought I was just going across bad sections of highway but now its for sure. I've got strong vibrations ...

jdd

strong vibes

I thought I was just going across bad sections of highway but now its for sure. I've got strong vibrations coming from the drive train I think. It feels like I have a flat tire. It happens at all speeds and dies off once you stop accelerating. Could it be the drive shaft, differential or in the wheels. Tires are relatively new, differential has no leaks and drive shaft is tight when you try to shake it. I spent a lot of time pulling on tires to check for bearings out and tracing everything underneath and there are no signs of anything. Wheels are random after market but have been fine until now. Please help I am inches away from doing something drastic.

98 impreza, 2.2, awd, AT

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Check tire pressue and balance...
    2005 WRB WRX "was" STAGE 2

Yeah, what Jeff said, start with the obvious. You say you have pretty new tires, so did the problem start when you put them on? It's possible you lost a wheel weight too.

Has the problem come on slowly over time, or did it start all at once? So it only happens under acceleration? Any other time? Is it worse under hard acceleration? Is it tied to the engine RPM or the MPH?
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading