Oil Burning Smell On My Wrx, Please Help!!!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Oil Burning Smell On My Wrx, Please Help!!! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I can smell buring oil through the inside car fan after driving my WRX, I cant seem to see any ...

Exclamation Oil Burning Smell On My Wrx, Please Help!!!

I can smell buring oil through the inside car fan after driving my WRX, I cant seem to see any sort of oil leaks ANY WEAR so cant see wear oil is burning, sometimes after a longer drive in bright light can see some smoke from engine bay AREA and this smell again..
    Any 1 got any ideas as what this could be?? the car runs fine apart from this smell and slight smoke from engine bay area ocasioanlly.

Thanks in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

5spd? Slipping the clutch a little too much?

Re-

yep its a 5spd, but nope it doesnt smell like clutch burn, pretty sure it smells like oil burning..

Oil level down? Check connections at the turbo, IC, look around for stains.
    2005 WRB WRX "was" STAGE 2

Re-

Hi, the car had an oil service just last month so im pretty sure the oil is still there as therz no leaks and i have checked at the oil filter aswell tht luks fine, i will check the other bits u mentioned.
    thanks mate

If you do not drive it often, then that explains it. If you drive it often, the oil should have burned off with the first week of driving it.
    2005 WRB WRX "was" STAGE 2

Re-

yeh i was thinking that at first aswell, but then lol i realised the day after i had the service i actuali drove it 400 miles within 2days so shudnt be that, and i didnt notice ne smells then, its just started recenlty...but i have used it failry regular since the service, will leave at most say 3days standing then use it again, so it just must be something else!!!

i have noticed though if i drive it harder its a lil more smokey around engine bay upon checkin afterwards and can smell the oil burin more...

Check the PCV valve. I had the same problem.
    "Give a man a gun and he is a hero. Give a man two and he is a god!"

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.