Shift Light Audible Beep new 08 STI

This is a discussion on Shift Light Audible Beep new 08 STI within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My new STI beeps when the shift light comes on. I looked in the owner's manual about disabling this, and ...

Question Shift Light Audible Beep new 08 STI

My new STI beeps when the shift light comes on. I looked in the owner's manual about disabling this, and couldn't find it. Does anyone know how?

Also, does anyone have info on how the shift light is programmed? I know it comes on for fuel economy when in Intelligent mode, but how does it determine when you should shift for the other modes? Some of the times it comes on don't seem to make sense to shift...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i dont have an 08 sti... wish i did but i dont... anyways i have gone and looked at them at the dealship and i remember him talking about that shift light. it is programable and you can turn off the beep. how i dont really know but it is possible i know that. im sure someone with an 08 could give you a more intelligent answer

Matt
    UTA FSAE FTW!!!!

Cars
    1993 MR2 Turbo- SOLD
    2004 WRX - SOLD
    2008 Civic Si

You manually set the RPM it comes on at in each mode as far as I know. Maybe I'm wrong? (wouldn't be the first time) Put the car in the mode you want to change. With the ignition on but the car not started, hold down the left knob in the gauge cluster until the light flashes and then turn the knob to the left or right to adjust the RPM it comes on at.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I think he is asking how to get rid of the sound, but leave the light as is.
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett

Mostly I'd like to know how to turn it on or off, and adjust the RPMs. (I will try the last post too). Also, would like to know where they came up with the RPMs, sometimes it doesn't make any sense where the light or beep is.

I just couldn't find any information about it in the owner's manual, and figured someone here would know...