WRX Wont start
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX Wont start within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; well here is the story. i'll make it short. first off my car never had a red cover for the ...

WRX Wont start

well here is the story. i'll make it short.

first off my car never had a red cover for the alternator cable(with the s on it/top of alternator). I was working on the car and a wrench touched the top of the nut and somewhere on a ground. Now, the only things that work in the car are door chime, and parking lights(only with switch on column) car wont crank unless i jump a wire from alternator to positive batt. when i did that abs light blinked batt light was on and code p0463 came on. what do you think the problem is? I checked all fuses in both fuse boxes and all are good. could it be a relay or maybe alternator wire? car is a 2005 wrx wagon. im betting it is something simple but those are the hardest things to find. Helpful responses are welcome thanks in advance, any thing i left off ask.

and can someone tell me how to get a hold of one of those covers for the alternator wire?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

possibly a fusible link? do they still use those?
    Bugeye Mafia #162
    03 WRX Wagon - Waiting for warranty to expire
    90 Talon TSi - Sold
    91 Pathfinder - Last legs

help

Hey mate i think i just did this to my subie... could you tell me how you fixed this problem???

did you try to change the starter solenoid. you might have fryed to much to list.
    COBB FLASHED STAGE 2, UPPIPE, DOWNPIPE WITH HIGH FLOW CAT, AND FULL 3 INCH CAT BACK, 160 CRUCIAL RACING THERMOSTAT, K&N FILTER. TRACK: 1/4 MILE 13.66 102.7 MPH ON THE COBB OTS MAP

Quote Originally Posted by justin.jordan2 View Post
    did you try to change the starter solenoid. you might have fryed to much to list.
    which ones the starter soleniod and how do you test it?

i havent had my rex for too long but on most vehicles, it looks like a black lil cylvlinder with two lil bolts on each side of it connecting it to the battery then from there too the started, and so on. there are usually mounted to the fire wall or the fenders. follow the batt cables
    COBB FLASHED STAGE 2, UPPIPE, DOWNPIPE WITH HIGH FLOW CAT, AND FULL 3 INCH CAT BACK, 160 CRUCIAL RACING THERMOSTAT, K&N FILTER. TRACK: 1/4 MILE 13.66 102.7 MPH ON THE COBB OTS MAP

Quote Originally Posted by justin.jordan2 View Post
    i havent had my rex for too long but on most vehicles, it looks like a black lil cylvlinder with two lil bolts on each side of it connecting it to the battery then from there too the started, and so on. there are usually mounted to the fire wall or the fenders. follow the batt cables
    cool that a big help but how do you test it?

Quote Originally Posted by Matty23 View Post
    cool that a big help but how do you test it?
    go to auto zone get one and if it doesnt fix it take it back....

P0463 Fuel level sensor circuit high input

Quote Originally Posted by GageP View Post
    P0463 Fuel level sensor circuit high input
    what does that mean and how do you fix it?
    Its a 98 wrx if that helps...

The fuel sensor in your fuel tank in faulty and you should just get it replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by GageP View Post
    The fuel sensor in your fuel tank in faulty and you should just get it replaced.
    but when i turn the key into the on position no lights at all come up on the dash or anything, my central locking doesn't work and niether does my alarm, car wont even turn over... the only things i could get going was te door open ringing and the hazard lights...

If is showing that that code is coming up that means that it is not working the way it should or it's not working at all and should be replaced. I would also check out your starter.

All I Can Say Is That It Sounds Like You Fryed A Lot Of Circuits And Wires. And Fuses By Arking The Alternator. Check Fuses Under Dash, And All The Fuses In The Engine Bay.......... That Should Take Car Of It

Banned
    Okay all that i can say is i do have some experience in detecting faulty wiring and it sounds like you possibly fried some of the relays in the underhood fuse box. Have you checked every single fuse in the interior fuse box? Have you checked every fuse in the under hood fuse box? If you have than move on to the relays if you have a chiltons or haynes and a basic ohmmeter from radioshack you can test each relay to see if they are any good. now moving on,take your battery to car quest or equivilant and have them check it sometimes you can blow just enough cells to make weird issues like this. If not the battery it is most likely the relays and i think you can have them checked by car quest or pepboys or whatever you use. If you can think of anything else let me know and i will try to help its going to be something really easy just gotta find it but definitely check the relays probably your problem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast