help

This is a discussion on help within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So i went to clean my MAF yesterday and noticed that the jacka** that owned the car before me stripped ...

help

So i went to clean my MAF yesterday and noticed that the jacka** that owned the car before me stripped the ever loving hell out of one of the screws that holds it on. There is just a big round hole on the screw head. Anyone have any suggestions for getting this screw out? i was thinking maybe superglueing the screwdriver onto the screw but im not so sure that will work.
    VF39'd and Clark Tuned
    BugEyeMafia #176
    Basshead Member #3

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You might try using an ever so small drill bit, im not sure if theres one small enough to drill into it with out ruining the ID threads.
    2005 WRB WRX "was" STAGE 2

i was thinking about that too but im afraid of damaging the threads like you mentioned. The previous owner must have used a gorrila to put the screws back in they were tight
    VF39'd and Clark Tuned
    BugEyeMafia #176
    Basshead Member #3

Banned

Do you have the factory intake? The threads are in the maf hose and not the sensor correct? I cannot remember my car is at home in the garage.

yeah i've got the stock intake. I cant remember it the threads are on the sensor or not ill have to double check
    VF39'd and Clark Tuned
    BugEyeMafia #176
    Basshead Member #3

If the threads are in the hose, and not the sensor housing, and if you want to get a cobb intake, as the threads are on the intake. You could just drill through and not worry about anything, just dont mess up the sensor, this would be your last resort if you cant get anything to work.