trunk light bulb

This is a discussion on trunk light bulb within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; The one in the car is burned out, I have went to my local Advance Auto and am looking for ...

trunk light bulb

The one in the car is burned out, I have went to my local Advance Auto and am looking for the bulb listed in the owners manual, W16W, which says it is a 12 V 16 Watt bulb. Advance doesn't carry it and when they look it up in their system, they said I am out of luck and to go to the dealer. Surely you should be able to get this bulb somewhere?
    2002 WR Blue Pearl WRX M5
    BPM Axel Back Exhaust, Paranoid Fabrications Grounding Kit

"Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'd say that radioshack might be your best bet or if they dont have it in the store then try radioshack.com. The dealership will probably tell you that you must buy a whole new trunk light assembly and that they don't sell the bulbs seperatley.

radio shack and online are both a no go for bulbs. thanks for the idea though

"Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."

the dealer told me to put in a 194, light still doesn't come on. Do the parking lights have to be on? or is there a switch to activate the trunk light?

there the switch when you open the trunk you can check and see if that is stuck in the down position.
    COBB FLASHED STAGE 2, UPPIPE, DOWNPIPE WITH HIGH FLOW CAT, AND FULL 3 INCH CAT BACK, 160 CRUCIAL RACING THERMOSTAT, K&N FILTER. TRACK: 1/4 MILE 13.66 102.7 MPH ON THE COBB OTS MAP

the switch still moves up and down, any other thoughts?