Exhaust chirping noise?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Exhaust chirping noise? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So if i rev the engine in neutral, as the rpm's drop, right around 1500 ish the exhaust note kinda ...

Exhaust chirping noise?

So if i rev the engine in neutral, as the rpm's drop, right around 1500 ish
    the exhaust note kinda gurgles and then i hear like a chirp noise.

You can only hear this if you're behind the car or back up to a wall...

What is this?
    Is it normal?
    Can i do anything about it?>

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I dunno what that is
    But I get a "Pop" when it revs down...

gurgle gurgle

Whats youre exhuast setup? My 02 wrx does it with the 3" turbo back and Im told its cuase of the high flow less resistance. I can hear mine while im going down the road tho. only when decellerating tho.

my03 does it also. . . been bugging the heck out of me . . . was told it could be a honda sucked in through my intake. . . .

im bone stock '04.

not sure if i can hear it while driving... only really notice from behind standing still

Banned
    It's probably the sound your turbo makes when it wants you to get rid of cats

many years ago I heard it had something to do with the holes in the ends of the exhaust tip, but yeah that drove me up the wall as wel.

i think its from the cat....i have a turbo xs stealthback with the cat and i get a pop every once in a while....when i flashed to stage 2 i would say the pops decreased 75%....but i think its the cat because when it pops it sounds like its popping in the cat
    MY Mods...
    2004 WRX OPB....58k...open source tuned...VF 39 Turbo...Pink 565cc injectors...Walbro FP... Godspeed FMIC...Turbo XS Stealthback Exhaust...Gimmik Turbo Inlet...Gimmik Rad. Hoses...COBB SF Intake...EXedy Lightweight Flywheel...F1 Racing Stage 2 Clutch...Perrin Crank Pulley...Perrin Afta-MAF Hose...HKS Up Pipe...Kartboy Short Shifter and Bushings....lots-o-suspention...

Mine backfires sometimes when decelerating with now brake use from high rpms....

but I have no cats and a full 3 inch exhuast turboback.

I love backfire sounds makes me think sometimes that I have a rally car with antilag

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.