Changing Spark Plugs

This is a discussion on Changing Spark Plugs within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Quick question... where are the spark plugs located, I can't see them looking from the top of the engine bay. ...

Changing Spark Plugs

Quick question... where are the spark plugs located, I can't see them looking from the top of the engine bay. Also, once I find them, how hard is it to change them? My sti has 75k mi on it, is it necessary to change the plugs? Thanks for the help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Spark plug change? Very easy. Heres a tutorial, check out the tutorial forum in the future for all maintenance jobs, as well as some modifications. Subaru says change plugs every 60k. Look at your owners manual to see if it is time to change anything else, or if you have missed anything.

How to change your sparkplugs
    Last edited by jeffmm06; 03-15-2008 at 06:51 PM.
    2005 WRB WRX "was" STAGE 2

Quote Originally Posted by jeffmm06 View Post
    Spark plug change? Very easy. Heres a tutorial, check out the tutorial forum in the future for all maintenance jobs, as well as some modifications. Subaru says change plugs every 60k. Look at your owners manual to see if it is time to change anything else, or if you have missed anything.

How to change your sparkplugs

Thanks a lot!!! I appreciate the help.

Just thought I'd chime in while I was thinking of it. I was getting my car inspected the other day and thought while it's in the shop I'll have them change the plugs to avoid my own frustration with having to do it myself. So the guy behind the counter at the shop is pricing it out for me, $13 per plug (which is outrageous), then labor is 2.6 hours for a total of $192!!! So it would be well over $250 for a simple plug change. I opted not to have them do the work, needless to say and I'll do it myself someday soon when it warms up a little.
    -Jim

'02 Platinum Silver WRX sedan w/roof rack...bone stock. Ok, now that's a lie.

GO HOKIES!!!!!!!!!

I just changed mine out a few days ago and it only took an hour. It's not that bad.
    04 WRX wagon
    Cobb Stage 1 93
    Waiting to be installed: Godspeed bellmouth DP

Photography Portfolio: www.180Reflections.com