No oil!!?? blown motor!!?? HELP!! - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on No oil!!?? blown motor!!?? HELP!! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; If it has 87K, I would use the new block as a selling point....

If it has 87K, I would use the new block as a selling point.
    Try not, do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda
    Mods

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by psychobooe View Post
    +1
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

Quote Originally Posted by psychobooe View Post
    ok, ill do that then....thanks alot guys

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm a little late to this, but how did he drive it away? I'm assuming he just swapped some fictitious plates on it?

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex View Post
    I'm a little late to this, but how did he drive it away? I'm assuming he just swapped some fictitious plates on it?
    he used "his friends" plates......the front plates were different frum the back though

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wrx0131 View Post
    he used "his friends" plates......the front plates were different frum the back though
    This guy really sounds like a class act. Hope karma catches up with him quickly. And his balls fall off.

go to his house at night and pull his oil plug, an eye for and eye. steal his sti block too and sell it. That should piss him off and teach him a lesson
    Last edited by c00lbeans; 04-06-2008 at 06:18 PM.
    Bugeye Mafia #185
    Blobeye Syndicate #38
    San Remo Alliance............#002

Quote Originally Posted by idipskoalmint View Post
    +1

Lemon law does not apply for private party sales.
    Yes the lemon law does apply to third party sales. Do your research because i've done it with an illegal exhaust sale and took it back. But in this case, i don't think the lemon law would apply to him because he is the seller
    -03 WRX
    238WHP, 245AWTQ
    Bobby tuned @ PRE Stage 2
    X-Mitsubishi owner
    ~DIFFERENT STROKES~

HJC
    Quote Originally Posted by wrx0131 View Post
    ... sounds like a rattle....he then calls me like 30 min later and tells me th car died on him and it wont start, that he was going to call a tow truck and tow it back to my house.....
    This is exactly what happened to me. loud rattle, tried to drive to the dealer, died on the freeway, towed. I took good care of my car with Mobil 1 every 3 month regardless of mileage (less than 3000, this is my weekend car) and other routine maintenence.

That guy sounds kinda shady, but it could very well be a coincidence.

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm late to the thread, and is sounds like you've at least got a new engine happening now, but for future reference, the ECU keeps a history of not only CEL related issues, but pretty much a full data history of various parameters. I would have had a dealer do a full download to a spreadsheet and look for anomalies. Using this, you could backtrack time-wise to when things started to go wrong. If it was while the buyer had the car....I would have said "sorry...no money back". If not, I would have given the money back, just to be fair and avoid bad karma.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Same thing just happened to me!!!!

So,

This thread struck my attention. I have an 03 WRX and (please don't yell at me) got an oil change at Pep Boys while grocery shopping last week. Well, about 50 miles later, my car made a horrible rattle and basically died on the street. I had it towed to a Subaru dealer and they called me a few hours later and asked me "Where is the oil?"

There is no oil to be found in the car, none on the dipstick, no leak, none ANYWHERE! Methinks that the losers at Pep Boys did not put oil back in my car.

I am trying to get a lawsuit going, but is there any other cause of this? The car has 127,000 miles. Just changed out the head gaskets, new timing belt. . .never had a problem with oil or oil pressure or anything. never hit the red. ..help. please.

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Subiedubie17 View Post
    So,

This thread struck my attention. I have an 03 WRX and (please don't yell at me) got an oil change at Pep Boys while grocery shopping last week. Well, about 50 miles later, my car made a horrible rattle and basically died on the street. I had it towed to a Subaru dealer and they called me a few hours later and asked me "Where is the oil?"

There is no oil to be found in the car, none on the dipstick, no leak, none ANYWHERE! Methinks that the losers at Pep Boys did not put oil back in my car.

I am trying to get a lawsuit going, but is there any other cause of this? The car has 127,000 miles. Just changed out the head gaskets, new timing belt. . .never had a problem with oil or oil pressure or anything. never hit the red. ..help. please.
    You would have noticed if it burnt off due to the massive amount of smoke you would have seen behind you, and if it leaked out it's again on pep boys. This is definitely a case of them not putting oil in the car after draining. Law suit time.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

Thanks for the quick response. I am just concerned that I won't have a way to prove it besides the dealer's mechanic saying that is what happened. Any advice on how to prove something like this? I feel like I have a problem with no solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Subiedubie17 View Post
    Thanks for the quick response. I am just concerned that I won't have a way to prove it besides the dealer's mechanic saying that is what happened. Any advice on how to prove something like this? I feel like I have a problem with no solution.
    yea this is really hard to prove, especially in a court room...
    Bugeye Mafia #213
    Kevin
    2002 Midnight Black Pearl WRX (Traded In!)

2012 Ice Silver Metallic STi Sedan

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123