security???

This is a discussion on security??? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My security light flashes on my dash and I have no clue what it is suppose to mean.... Anyone have ...

security???

My security light flashes on my dash and I have no clue what it is suppose to mean.... Anyone have any idea what the security light means when it flashes??? thanks for the help.

-Aaron

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

anyone.???? its the red light, and it blinks right under the tach or spedo (depending on sti or wrx) .... looked through the manual and searched.....any advice would be greatly appreciated

-Aaron

Peachypumpkincheeks

Does it blink ALL the time? Or just when you unlock/lock your car, turn off your car, and/or open your door? My '02 does it too, and it's normal. However, if it's blinking all the time, there may be an issue.
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

DUB
    It means the alarm is armed.

I Support ClubWRX
    mine blinks constantly locked or not. normal
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

yea I suppose mine has been blinking this whole time and i never paid any attention to it. I have had the car for 3 yrs now I can't believe I didn't notice it blinking. I guess with getting ready to graduate from college I didn't notice it. Thanks for the input guys really appreciate it!

-Aaron

Similar Blinking Security Issue

Fellas,

I have the same issue. I've owned the car for nearly 2 years and it just started today. I'm confident the Security Light wasn't blinking previously. It doesn't seem to affect locking/unlocking/securing the car but is this really normal? Or is this an indication that something is wrong. Could this possibly put an unnecessary strain on the battery?

Similar Blinking Security Issue

Fellas,

I figured it out. Apparently I managed to hold the key fob Unlock button down for 2+ seconds with the driver door open. That put the car into Valet mode. Undoing it was via the same procedure.

valet mode? what does that even mean? well good to know I will try it when I get out of class. Thanks for the help.

-Aaron

What is Valet mode you ask? I imagine it's setting that limits the cars range in terms of distance it can travel or maybe rev's. If you turn your car over to a valet it's some assurance that they can't take off joy riding or hot rodding around the parking lot. Someday I'll check the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by smlanden View Post
    What is Valet mode you ask? I imagine it's setting that limits the cars range in terms of distance it can travel or maybe rev's. If you turn your car over to a valet it's some assurance that they can't take off joy riding or hot rodding around the parking lot. Someday I'll check the manual.
    If you had a cobb AP the valet mode map on that would have those features.

The valet mode of your key pad will set it so when you lock your car, the alarm is never armed, so they can use a key to unlock and get into your car, with out them having the keypad.
    2005 WRB WRX "was" STAGE 2

Valet?

So I just bought an 04 wrx and it didn't come with a key fob and the security
    Light flashes constantly doesn't matter if the car is running or anything it is always flashing. Does this mean it's in valet mode?