Is the 15,000 mile subaru dealership service really necessary?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Is the 15,000 mile subaru dealership service really necessary? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I am at 16K right now and they sent me a letter to remind me of 15k mile service, and ...

Is the 15,000 mile subaru dealership service really necessary?

I am at 16K right now and they sent me a letter to remind me of 15k mile service, and it costs $299.95 which is pretty expensive. Can this be skipped?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by momolicious
    I am at 16K right now and they sent me a letter to remind me of 15k mile service, and it costs $299.95 which is pretty expensive. Can this be skipped?
    http://www.cars101.com/subaru/subaru_maintenance.html

Nothing on there that I would be too worried about. If I were you, I'd skip it and just make sure you get the 30/60/90 done.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Look in the manual for what's needed at the 16k service perhaps you could do it yourself and save some money?
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Yes its needed for the dealership to make excess service money on un-questioning customers who just do whatever is recommended. They take advantage of the fact that people trust them to do what the Manufacturer recommends (After all the are the SUBARU DEALER), yet they almost always add about $200 in stuff that is not needed to the suggested maintenance schedule of the car, simply to line their own pockets.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.