excessive jumping when throttle engages?

This is a discussion on excessive jumping when throttle engages? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i have an '02 WRX that is all stock with 158k miles on it. when i am in traffic at ...

excessive jumping when throttle engages?

i have an '02 WRX that is all stock with 158k miles on it. when i am in traffic at speeds under 30 mph it seems to jump excessively right when i engage the throttle and a little bit when the throttle is released to coast. it happens mostly in 1st gear at midrange rpm's so around 10 - 15 mph. is this normal? if not, what might i need to check and/or fix?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Search clutch recall.

Check the throttle cabling and mechanism.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by rycat_3 View Post
    i have an '02 WRX that is all stock with 158k miles on it. when i am in traffic at speeds under 30 mph it seems to jump excessively right when i engage the throttle and a little bit when the throttle is released to coast. it happens mostly in 1st gear at midrange rpm's so around 10 - 15 mph. is this normal? if not, what might i need to check and/or fix?
    Do you have a blow off valve on your car....because its alot more jerky at low speeds....i had the same problem.....or it could be that you are stepping on the gas too hard when you are going too slow