Citgo gas SUCKS - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Citgo gas SUCKS within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Citgo seems to be all over the place out here on the westside chicago so alot of times thats where ...

Citgo seems to be all over the place out here on the westside chicago so alot of times thats where I fill up but I know afew people that only go with mobil. All I run is 93 thats what im tuned for.
    Blobeye Syndicate #614

Mods: TurboXS TBE, Defi gauges, ACT HD 6-puck clutch and Steetlight fly
    Pro tune from Matt at 555motorsports
    http://555motorsports.net/

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by snowflowmfg View Post
    Apparently they have a lot of high octane gas readily available all over the So. Cal. region like in Los Angeles, but I live in a rural mountain region so it's a no go here.

Damn Prius's lol ugh so ugly.
    Just the sight of one makes me wanna get a black smoke spewin' diesel.
    +1

I Support ClubWRX
    The amount of money that is spent on advertising fuels as "the best" for some reason or other and/or some magic ingredient or other alone ought to lead one to suspect all fuels are essentially equal as delivered.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Damn Prius's lol ugh so ugly.
    Just the sight of one makes me wanna get a black smoke spewin' diesel.
    OT but you may soon be able to do both in a diesel hybrid VW.
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    There's a Citgo station right down the road from my house, so I often times fill up there. Otherwise, I try to find a Hess. There aren't too many Sunocos in my area, but if I'm less than 3/4 tank, I'll stop (I hardly ever dip below 1/2 tank).
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    new diesels really don't have bad emissions like they used to...

The amount of money that is spent on advertising fuels as "the best" for some reason or other and/or some magic ingredient or other alone ought to lead one to suspect all fuels are essentially equal as delivered.
    That's what me and my dad agreed upon...yet I still always find myself buying Shell when i'm at home. habit I guess

True, technology is getting good. On discover channel's Futurecar show, they showed the Opel turbo diesel that with a motor less than 2.0liters did sub 4 second 0-60 and topped out at 160+ mph.

Quote Originally Posted by efmd3 View Post
    new diesels really don't have bad emissions like they used to...
    true...but come up here and you'll see all the nice big new diesel trucks that everyone around here loads their big exhaust and tuner chips into. they will make you gag with all their fumes.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #116
    Dirty Crew #27

That's what me and my dad agreed upon...yet I still always find myself buying Shell when i'm at home. habit I guess

True, technology is getting good. On discover channel's Futurecar show, they showed the Opel turbo diesel that with a motor less than 2.0liters did sub 4 second 0-60 and topped out at 160+ mph.

true...but come up here and you'll see all the nice big new diesel trucks that everyone around here loads their big exhaust and tuner chips into. they will make you gag with all their fumes.
    i'm from AL...our diesel trucks can kick your pansy ass californian trucks ANY day of the week.

I Support ClubWRX
    I tend to pick stations on price primarily. However, a good station should be appreciated. For example, there's a station near my work that offers funnels (paper, for topping off oil) and towelettes free to customers, plus they have a coffee machine that grinds and brews each cup fresh on demand and a clean restroom. That's a good station. Rare these days though.

Quote Originally Posted by efmd3 View Post
    i'm from AL...our diesel trucks can kick your pansy ass californian trucks ANY day of the week.
    I agree that the majority of California is pretty pansy in itself, but i'm reppin Tuolumne County and it's really an interesting place. lol I KNOW Alaska is pretty hardcore but my town is pretty close.

I tend to pick stations on price primarily. However, a good station should be appreciated. For example, there's a station near my work that offers funnels (paper, for topping off oil) and towelettes free to customers, plus they have a coffee machine that grinds and brews each cup fresh on demand and a clean restroom. That's a good station. Rare these days though.
    Yes! +1 service over big business!
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #116
    Dirty Crew #27

Banned
    Fresh ground coffee with every cup FTMFW!!! That is the only kind they drink in Argentina.... They live like kings!

They would have my money for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Not-EWRX View Post
    Fresh ground coffee with every cup FTMFW!!! That is the only kind they drink in Argentina.... They live like kings!

They would have my money for sure.
    oh gosh. this makes me wanna go out right now and find a place around here that does that!
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #116
    Dirty Crew #27

I Support ClubWRX
    oh gosh. this makes me wanna go out right now and find a place around here that does that!
    I do it at home, and once in a blue moon on the road when I fill up at this particular station I'll splurge ($1,50 for 24oz fresh ground and brewed -- a "bargain" when compared to yuppie coffee shops but highway robbery when considering the materials cost less than 10 cents, the majority of cost being in the cup itself).

For "cheaper" fuel (not inexpensive but at least not as much a some stations) try supermarkets with club card savings and/or discount retailers like Costco if you're a member (not worth joining just for the fuel IMO). Again, I've not come across any quality differences and frankly, if the most technologically advanced nation in the world cannot guarantee uniform fuel quality what's the world come to? I buy according to price (unless I'm making a "statement" and those cannot be discussed on this forum).

EDIT: Costco also hase reasonably priced automotive items including oil and tyres, and batteries at competitive prices too.

I do it at home, and once in a blue moon on the road when I fill up at this particular station I'll splurge ($1,50 for 24oz fresh ground and brewed -- a "bargain" when compared to yuppie coffee shops but highway robbery when considering the materials cost less than 10 cents, the majority of cost being in the cup itself).

For "cheaper" fuel (not inexpensive but at least not as much a some stations) try supermarkets with club card savings and/or discount retailers like Costco if you're a member (not worth joining just for the fuel IMO). Again, I've not come across any quality differences and frankly, if the most technologically advanced nation in the world cannot guarantee uniform fuel quality what's the world come to? I buy according to price (unless I'm making a "statement" and those cannot be discussed on this forum).

EDIT: Costco also hase reasonably priced automotive items including oil and tyres, and batteries at competitive prices too.
    Ya, I make my coffee at home. But road trips require a little gas station coffee. lol

Living in a rural mountain town I have no large supermarket or club stations. just a couple big name ones and a bunch of mom n pop type stations.

I do admit to buying gas and what not at costco on my trips to the city.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #116
    Dirty Crew #27

I get mine from Valero outside of LAFB... stopped at a chevron a couple weeks ago and my mpg dropped, no different driving, just the gas... won't go back to that one. Base gas is good too, but I don't like AAFES so yeah...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast