blown engine??? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on blown engine??? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by 20WRX04 Good luck with your endeavor. I would just go with the 2.0. That way you don't ...

Quote Originally Posted by 20WRX04 View Post
    Good luck with your endeavor. I would just go with the 2.0. That way you don't have to worry about the tranny so much. Let us know how it goes.

+1. All I could picture is fireworks going off, then the sound of metal being torn apart.
    i read lots of forums of people goin with a 2.5 with wrx heads...is that bad i actually read that it goes together "nicely"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Is in Love With the Admins Here 20WRX04's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jdmrex2416 View Post
    i read lots of forums of people goin with a 2.5 with wrx heads...is that bad i actually read that it goes together "nicely"
    I'm not sure about doing an EJ20/25 hybrid. I have no info on that. It may very well be possible. It's very common in the Honda community though. I've seen great results with swapping heads on Hondas.
    The first rule of the Faction is...DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE FACTION.
    NY GIANTS
    Hybrid Faction #19
    Blobeye Syndicate #19
    Mods

I'm not sure about doing an EJ20/25 hybrid. I have no info on that. It may very well be possible. It's very common in the Honda community though. I've seen great results with swapping heads on Hondas.
    whats 25 hybrid....the type of block?? (noob)

Is in Love With the Admins Here 20WRX04's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jdmrex2416 View Post
    i read lots of forums of people goin with a 2.5 with wrx heads...is that bad i actually read that it goes together "nicely". whats 25 hybrid....the type of block?? (noob)
    EJ20 is the 2.0L WRX motor from 02-05.
    EJ25 is the 2.5L STi motor for 04-current, and the WRX motor for 06-current.

You said something about a 2.5 block with WRX heads thus resulting in an EJ20/25 hybrid. EJ20 heads + EJ25 block = EJ20/25 hybrid. Got it?
    The first rule of the Faction is...DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE FACTION.
    NY GIANTS
    Hybrid Faction #19
    Blobeye Syndicate #19
    Mods

EJ20 is the 2.0L WRX motor from 02-05.
    EJ25 is the 2.5L STi motor for 04-current, and the WRX motor for 06-current.

You said something about a 2.5 block with WRX heads thus resulting in an EJ20/25 hybrid. EJ20 heads + EJ25 block = EJ20/25 hybrid. Got it?
    got it! ok so i just found out that he ended up not being able to get 2.0 for me im all freakin out now cause i was ready to get my car running! its been sitting there for like 3-4 days and im ready to drive it! im going to start looking for an engine myself anybody have any suggestions on good upgrades to finish it all off under $4000? i talked to this other guy and he will put it all together for me for $1000 so anything under $3000 would be pretty awesome...thanks

anyone know where i can find aused wrx engine under 35k miles???

Cool.
    MC_001
    ---------------------------------------------
    - TurboXS FMIC - EJ257 Engine - VF39 Turbo w/EWG Setup - Turbosmart Ultra Gate 38mm
    - Perrin Short Ram Intake - Walbro 255LPH Fuel Pump Kit - STI Top Feed 550cc Injectors - TiTek Catless Downpipe - Cusco OS-T Rear S13 Tower Bar - MOMO Short Shift Knob - JIC Spartan Stainless Steel Exhaust

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.