Strange Rumble my02

This is a discussion on Strange Rumble my02 within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My car is making a strange rumbling or rattling sound that sounds like it is comming from below the intercooler ...

Strange Rumble my02

My car is making a strange rumbling or rattling sound that sounds like it is comming from below the intercooler or from the transmission. The sound is really noticable at idle but not as much while driving. It also quiets when I push in the clutch but Im not sure if its just causes less engine vibration. Can someone help me out? What should I be looking for?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    If it's a rattle that goes away when the clutch pedal is pushed in (this disengages the clutch) you might suspect the throw-out bearing.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

throwout bearing

i just took my car to my friends autoshop. and he listened to the sound and he said it could be the throwout bearing. i was wondering if that could be a problem or could it wait to be replaced when i get the clutch done.

Exclamation Danger??

Does anyone how if this is dangerous at all???

I Support ClubWRX
    The throw-out bearing is used to release the clutch. If it fails I don't see how the clutch can be released. I've had one fail while driving and I remember smoke and noise, but not many other details (other than it suddenly became time to change the clutch).
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.