splish-splash and no bath

This is a discussion on splish-splash and no bath within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Usually in 1st, and lower end of 2nd, it sounds like there's a bunch of fluid being splashed around. My ...

splish-splash and no bath

Usually in 1st, and lower end of 2nd, it sounds like there's a bunch of fluid being splashed around. My car doesn't leak, and none of the fluids are low. It sounds like it's coming from somewhere between my steering wheel and center console but I have hearing problems so who really knows. My performance doesn't seem to be affected but It's driving me nuts not having no idea what it is or if and how i can fix it or make it stop. It's like a huge zit in the middle of my back that I can feel, but can't reach.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'd double check the coolant. Run the heat on full and check if it still does it.

After I had an accident and the radiator was replaced I had a nasty air pocket in the cabin heater that did a similar thing. It went away after I burped the system few times.
    Blobeye Syndicate #1337
    man vs technology blog
    MvT@YouTube

I haven't driven around with it on, but I know I still get heat. I've had previous radiator problems, and have recently replaced it and thought I took my time letting the engine cycle when I added all the coolant.
    What am I looking for while driving with the heat on? No splashing?

Windsheild solvent half full? Gas tank will do that too, but not from the console area.
    2005 WRB WRX "was" STAGE 2

Thanks WG. I think you're right. Spent a while burping it, took it out and no splashing... You said you did it a few times? Same day, or did you run it for a while then do again?

Quote Originally Posted by TrailerTrashed View Post
    I haven't driven around with it on, but I know I still get heat. I've had previous radiator problems, and have recently replaced it and thought I took my time letting the engine cycle when I added all the coolant.
    What am I looking for while driving with the heat on? No splashing?
    Protect your hand with something thick and with the engine running and warm slowly BUT very slowly and carefully open the radiator cap. It should blurp. Now close it and squeeze the thick radiator hose few times to force circulation. Redo until no more air comes out and check the coolant reservoir for proper level.

Just a quick note, I had the small black reservoir hose cut in a place where I didn't see it (it wasn't replaced by the shop after a fender bender) so the engine was sucking in air instead of coolant resulting in a air bubble in the heater.

If you drive with the full heat on you induce coolant circulation to the whole system, this combined with blurping should let you get rid of the air.
    Blobeye Syndicate #1337
    man vs technology blog
    MvT@YouTube