How to get rid of CEL'S
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on How to get rid of CEL'S within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; im buying an 04 rex...it has a CEL due to the rear o2 censor(because of the TBE)...the question is how ...

How to get rid of CEL'S

im buying an 04 rex...it has a CEL due to the rear o2 censor(because of the TBE)...the question is how do i get rid of the CEL????
    MY Mods...
    2004 WRX OPB....58k...open source tuned...VF 39 Turbo...Pink 565cc injectors...Walbro FP... Godspeed FMIC...Turbo XS Stealthback Exhaust...Gimmik Turbo Inlet...Gimmik Rad. Hoses...COBB SF Intake...EXedy Lightweight Flywheel...F1 Racing Stage 2 Clutch...Perrin Crank Pulley...Perrin Afta-MAF Hose...HKS Up Pipe...Kartboy Short Shifter and Bushings....lots-o-suspention...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

you could either buy the cobb accesport or iv hear that if u put two spark plug anti fowlers together they extend your o2 sensor but idk if that is correct

Quote Originally Posted by BUGEYED7 View Post
    you could either buy the cobb accesport or iv hear that if u put two spark plug anti fowlers together they extend your o2 sensor but idk if that is correct
    The twin anti fouler approach works because you are basically shrouding the hell out of the sensor, it still see's some air passing by - but not much at all.

Cobb and Opensource tuning will allow you to disable the DTC check on the O2 sensor.

Either one will work, but a protune will yield better results. I recommend going to a good shop and having the car tuned. The Cobb AP is $700 new, - most shops charge between 300-400 for a protune with open source. Skip the AP, and have it tuned.

However, I usually wouldn't buy a car that isn't stock, and I would never buy a car that has a CEL.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

I agree

However, I usually wouldn't buy a car that isn't stock, and I would never buy a car that has a CEL.
    the CEL is due to the TBE wich isnt hurting anything ...just tripping a sensor...and the car has low miles and mild mild mods....mods that i would plan on doing right after buying the car anyway....so why not buy a car with a 1,300$ TBE already on it???
    MY Mods...
    2004 WRX OPB....58k...open source tuned...VF 39 Turbo...Pink 565cc injectors...Walbro FP... Godspeed FMIC...Turbo XS Stealthback Exhaust...Gimmik Turbo Inlet...Gimmik Rad. Hoses...COBB SF Intake...EXedy Lightweight Flywheel...F1 Racing Stage 2 Clutch...Perrin Crank Pulley...Perrin Afta-MAF Hose...HKS Up Pipe...Kartboy Short Shifter and Bushings....lots-o-suspention...

Quote Originally Posted by Dhbamby View Post
    the CEL is due to the TBE wich isnt hurting anything ...just tripping a sensor...and the car has low miles and mild mild mods....mods that i would plan on doing right after buying the car anyway....so why not buy a car with a 1,300$ TBE already on it???
    Because people that mod these cars tend to fall into a category of younger drivers that treat the cars pretty badly.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

yeah usually but im buying it from a 31yrold guy that is responcible....hes in B.U.D.S. Navy SEAL training right now....thats why he doesnt need that whip
    MY Mods...

I Support ClubWRX
    yeah usually but im buying it from a 31yrold guy that is responcible....hes in B.U.D.S. Navy SEAL training right now....thats why he doesnt need that whip
    I'd not buy a whip.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Responsible enough to drive around with a CEL?

As far as I know the government doesn't hold it's armed forces members to any sort of mandatory nor suggested auto-mechanical maintenance guidelines.

Now on the other hand, if you told me he was a mechanic with OCD and paranoid schitzophrenia - then I'd expect his car to be near perfect and sans CEL.
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    I'd not buy a whip.
    not in to S&M SD?
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

Responsible enough to drive around with a CEL?
    its not like having the CEL on is bad for the car...the o2 sensor is just measuring more air passing by thats all....getting the CEL cleared will not make the air flow back to stock, it will just remove the light....the same amount of air will be passing through........
    MY Mods...

its not like having the CEL on is bad for the car...the o2 sensor is just measuring more air passing by thats all....getting the CEL cleared will not make the air flow back to stock, it will just remove the light....the same amount of air will be passing through........
    Kinda thick huh?

The issue with driving around with the CEL lit is ignorance, literally. With the light on, you will never see the light ever come on. Unless you have a code scanner wired in and are constantly checking to see if any new codes have popped up, you are disabling the intended function of the CEL indicator. How long has he been driving the car around like that?

Driving with a CEL is generally a bad idea.

MY Mods...

so did you have to code checked or did you just take the guys word for it?

it sounds to me like the guy just put an exhaust on it and didnt do any research.
    '04 Aspen White WRX

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SonicWagon View Post
    not in to S&M SD?
    If I were, I imagine I'd still want a reliable car with a full service history using authentic parts from the manufacturer so that I can drive trouble-free to weekly sessions in which I am gagged, bound, and flogged. After all, I'd not want to be late or have car trouble on the way.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.