Check Engine Light
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Check Engine Light within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My check engine light is on and i cant find what is wrong with it. If anybody has had this ...

Check Engine Light

My check engine light is on and i cant find what is wrong with it. If anybody has had this problem plz get back to me.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by GageP View Post
    My check engine light is on and i cant find what is wrong with it. If anybody has had this problem plz get back to me.
    Go to any Autozone and get the code read for free.

Or simply purchase a code reader, then return it later if you decide you don't need it.

I keep a small "pocketscan" code reader in my glove compartment, I've used it on my friends and families cars more times than I can count.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

I Support ClubWRX
    Get the code scanned. First off try tightening your gas cap.

What are your mods?
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

I have a code p0303 what is the best course of action to get it fixed?

I have a code p0303 what is the best course of action to get it fixed?
    Cylinder 3 misfire. Get the car checked out. Could be a bad plug/wire/coil, or a bad tune. Any tuning solutions in use? Any mods on the car?
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."

Thx im gonna get it checked tom.

What is the best way do fix it myself? Does anybody have a pictures of the process?

What is the best way do fix it myself? Does anybody have a pictures of the process?
    Any Mods on the car? Any tuning solution in use?

These questions should be first and foremost. No sense tearing into the car if you've done something questionable to it, then undoing would be the first step.

I just have a aftermarket exhaust

I threw that same code with a cylinder 3 miss-fire, I changed all my plugs and wires and I haven't had the code come up again, though the car does idle funny every now and a blue moon but the code has never re-appeared.
    96 Mustang: Shorty Headers, X-pipe, Electronic cut out, Air silencer Delete, K&N air filter, really sticky tires
    (14.32 @ 96.7mph)

02 bugeye: exedy oem clutch, kybAGX struts, momo short-throw shifter, steel braided brake lines, stoptech rotors and stock rims (the 17inch wheel just weighed too much), 14.232 @ 94.75mph

a trouble code will just give you a direction to go in to find the problem. codes do not have step by step instructions for fixing them. you still have to check it out and find what is wrong.
    '04 Aspen White WRX

Quote Originally Posted by Aspen700 View Post
    a trouble code will just give you a direction to go in to find the problem. codes do not have step by step instructions for fixing them. you still have to check it out and find what is wrong.
    +100
    96 Mustang: Shorty Headers, X-pipe, Electronic cut out, Air silencer Delete, K&N air filter, really sticky tires
    (14.32 @ 96.7mph)

02 bugeye: exedy oem clutch, kybAGX struts, momo short-throw shifter, steel braided brake lines, stoptech rotors and stock rims (the 17inch wheel just weighed too much), 14.232 @ 94.75mph

hey guys so im having a check engine light problem too, and i have a friend that tried reading my car for a code and it won't work, its not my gas cap and the car feels like it is reacting slow, any ideas on what to do????
    Wingl3ss @lliance #10

take it down to autozone and get te code reader they have there plug it in turn your on and select read codes and it shoult tell you what code it is.

what are you using to chech the error codes?
    Blobeye Syndicate #614

Mods: TurboXS TBE, Defi gauges, ACT HD 6-puck clutch and Steetlight fly
    Pro tune from Matt at 555motorsports
    http://555motorsports.net/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.