stock oil pressure guage

This is a discussion on stock oil pressure guage within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just bought an 02 wrx, the factory guages( I am assuming factory) in the center of the dash has ...

stock oil pressure guage

I just bought an 02 wrx, the factory guages( I am assuming factory) in the center of the dash has three. first is boost, second is exhaust temp( I assume going into the turbo) and third is oil pressure. During idle the oil pressure sits at about thirty, as I drive it goes over 100 psi, the car runs fine, so I was wondering if anyone has had this problem and where I can start diagnosing it. It isn't causing problems, just annoying to me. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I DONOT have the OEM guages.

But my oil pressure sits at approx 25-30 PSI on idle (COLD) and rises to 90+ PSI on hot driving and sits there consistently on the freeway.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by perfect8 View Post
    I just bought an 02 wrx, the factory guages( I am assuming factory) in the center of the dash has three. first is boost, second is exhaust temp( I assume going into the turbo) and third is oil pressure. During idle the oil pressure sits at about thirty, as I drive it goes over 100 psi, the car runs fine, so I was wondering if anyone has had this problem and where I can start diagnosing it. It isn't causing problems, just annoying to me. Thanks
    Normal.Oil pressure should be around 100 cold and at full warm up between 25-30 at idle depending on outside temps and increasing to between 80-100psi under full load.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

thanks a lot. This is my first turbo car and the 100 psi kind of scared me.