CEL after installing my exhust system
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on CEL after installing my exhust system within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Can anyone help? I just installed a turboxcess down pipe, cat, midpipe and currently using my stock exhust. I also ...

CEL after installing my exhust system

Can anyone help? I just installed a turboxcess down pipe, cat, midpipe and currently using my stock exhust. I also have an injen cold air intake. I drove 3 days out of the week since the installation (last weekend). My check engine light came on, and the car felt slightly sluggish. I figure it was the exhust mod I did, conflicting with 02 sensors. Can anyone help to confirm or deny my hunch, and or just tell me I am all jacked up! Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Get the CEL code pulled (go to Autozone or something), and then we can help you.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Thanks for the tip and I will get back to you on the results.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by subydude931
    Thanks for the tip and I will get back to you on the results.
    More than likely, it's a rear 02 sensor code (which would be caused by the aftermarket exhaust) - if so, this will continue to happen until you block the code from being thrown (which can be done with an AP/tactrix)

UNYSOC

Hey thanks for the suggestion. I have a hunch that it's the sensor. I'll confirm it when I get it checked in a day or two. I'll let you know. What is an AP/tactrix?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by subydude931
    What is an AP/tactrix?
    AP = AccessPort - this is Cobb's EM solution
    Tactrix allows you to connect a laptop to your car, which would also allow you to flash your ECU

UNYSOC

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    you need to remove the cat in your uppipe also before you use Acessport or tactrix
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

ou need to remove the cat in your uppipe also before you use Acessport or tactrix
    What???

No you don't. You can tune your car with an AP or via OpenECU w/ tactrix cable with a catted uppipe just fine.

I did that (latter) for the 1st year of ownership of my car. Stock uppipe and dp at that time.
    Last edited by White GDA; 02-24-2008 at 05:23 AM.

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by White GDA View Post
    What???

No you don't. You can tune your car with an AP or via OpenECU w/ tactrix cable with a catted uppipe just fine.

I did that (latter) for the 1st year of ownership of my car. Stock uppipe and dp at that time.
    well he can not run a stage1 map but with a catless downpipe i though he might try and run stage2 map
    Last edited by SonicWagon; 02-24-2008 at 07:42 PM.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

Didn't realize the AP was the COBB Access Port. I figured my CEL was caused by the Stock downpipe I removed with the Xcess downpipe I installed. I'll let you guys know what happens. Thanks for the help!

Tried an old honda tuner trick, disconnected the battery and reconnected it. CEL is off. Does it come back on? I'll post it, when it does.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.