New, What's Up? Need help

This is a discussion on New, What's Up? Need help within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hey, im new, whats up? a buddy of mine has a 97 impreza that has some problems, the car sometimes ...

New, What's Up? Need help

hey, im new, whats up?

a buddy of mine has a 97 impreza that has some problems, the car sometimes doesnt start when its cold out, theres a small clinking noise coming from the tranny, and he said it could be something to do with the clutch pack, whatever that is. he also said something to do with head gaskets.

what main parts would need to be fixed?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Greeetings and welcome to the club!

I am moving this thread to General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Tutorials you will likely have more responses there.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

It's impossible to say what needs to be fixed based on the limited information you've provided. In order to troubleshoot anything on the internet, a lot of information is normally required.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

sorry i dont have more detailed information. the car is just sitting in my friends driveway and he wants to junk the car, told me he'd sell it to me for $175.00, so why not? i'd like to get the car running again seeing as at the moment, im carless.

how much would it cost to have the car serviced for the head gaskets, new cat exhaust, and battery?

Honestly, it sounds like it will cost more to fix the car than it's worth. Thousands.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

your looking at ....

800-1,200 head gasket
    200-cat back
    75-battey
    MY Mods...
    2004 WRX OPB....58k...open source tuned...VF 39 Turbo...Pink 565cc injectors...Walbro FP... Godspeed FMIC...Turbo XS Stealthback Exhaust...Gimmik Turbo Inlet...Gimmik Rad. Hoses...COBB SF Intake...EXedy Lightweight Flywheel...F1 Racing Stage 2 Clutch...Perrin Crank Pulley...Perrin Afta-MAF Hose...HKS Up Pipe...Kartboy Short Shifter and Bushings....lots-o-suspention...