Extremely Slow Coolant Leak on '06 2.5i - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Extremely Slow Coolant Leak on '06 2.5i within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Yup, cleaner was safe on most automotive plastics so I went for it. The adapter that came with the tester ...

Yup, cleaner was safe on most automotive plastics so I went for it.

The adapter that came with the tester from autozone wont fit, some I'm off to there in my Dads car, 07 Saab 95 2.3turbo, to see if I can get one that will fit.

Update: When I went back to autozone, had to pay $13 for an adapter that still wasn't the right size. So pressure testing the cooling system has failed so far, maybe I should just take it to the stealership, but I don't want them seeing that frankenstein blue tranny fluid. Do other parts stores rent tools? Maybe another one will have the right one.

And maybe its just the hoses seeping like you said SD_GR. Its not enough for me to see any evidence of a leak, no evaporated residue, no wetness, no drips or anything. But once the system is under pressure, especially when I shift at 4-5k rpm, the hoses/hose clamps let just enough coolant out so that in a month the coolant in the reservoir is only about 2cm below the full line.

Anyone ever try that Redline water wetter stuff? Pros cons? Does it actually do what it claims? Keep your engine cooler and produce more power? I'm thinkin of changin the coolant and that stuff keeps wandering into my thoughts.
    Last edited by mikeyphotog; 03-02-2008 at 12:10 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Bump.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12