Extremely Slow Coolant Leak on '06 2.5i - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Extremely Slow Coolant Leak on '06 2.5i within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Yup, cleaner was safe on most automotive plastics so I went for it. The adapter that came with the tester ...

Yup, cleaner was safe on most automotive plastics so I went for it.

The adapter that came with the tester from autozone wont fit, some I'm off to there in my Dads car, 07 Saab 95 2.3turbo, to see if I can get one that will fit.

Update: When I went back to autozone, had to pay $13 for an adapter that still wasn't the right size. So pressure testing the cooling system has failed so far, maybe I should just take it to the stealership, but I don't want them seeing that frankenstein blue tranny fluid. Do other parts stores rent tools? Maybe another one will have the right one.

And maybe its just the hoses seeping like you said SD_GR. Its not enough for me to see any evidence of a leak, no evaporated residue, no wetness, no drips or anything. But once the system is under pressure, especially when I shift at 4-5k rpm, the hoses/hose clamps let just enough coolant out so that in a month the coolant in the reservoir is only about 2cm below the full line.

Anyone ever try that Redline water wetter stuff? Pros cons? Does it actually do what it claims? Keep your engine cooler and produce more power? I'm thinkin of changin the coolant and that stuff keeps wandering into my thoughts.
    Last edited by mikeyphotog; 03-02-2008 at 01:10 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Bump.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.