Check engine and Cruise control lights. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Check engine and Cruise control lights. within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by davs11 Mine was actually a System evap vent open, which was actually a crimped wire in the ...

Quote Originally Posted by davs11 View Post
    Mine was actually a System evap vent open, which was actually a crimped wire in the evap system canister. but thanks anyways
    I have to agree that on my car. I came upon this problem once I install my inlet hose. It could be a vaccum line that has been cut or not connected. I noticed that once this popped up on my dash. Cause I didn't connect a line. So, go through your car and make sure all line are connect for your vaccum.
    Perrin DP, Perrin Inlet, Ultimate Racing CAI, 3" custom CB.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User farBeyondDriven's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by farBeyondDriven View Post
    I have an '06 WRX that just hit 36,000 miles and I got the check engine light along with the cruise control light blinking. I installed a K&N Typhoon a few months back, I'm guessing it's something with the MAF. Gonna stop by AutoZone after work tonight and get the code. They say the K&N rechargable cone filters last "up" to 100,000 miles so I doubt it's dirty already... It's been on for about 6 months. I'm assuming a dirty filter could screw with the MAF readings?
    Quote Originally Posted by apex32 View Post
    Im going to guess when you get it read it says Code P0103
    Turned out to be a P0457 - EVAP Leak. Gas station attendant barely screwed gas cap back on. This happened to me before in my VW so it was in the back of my mind. I didn't think I would get off that easy, though. I could have sworn it was a dirty MAF or something b/c of my K&N Typhoon.
    2006 Panty Dropper

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by farBeyondDriven
    Turned out to be a P0457 - EVAP Leak. Gas station attendant barely screwed gas cap back on. This happened to me before in my VW so it was in the back of my mind. I didn't think I would get off that easy, though. I could have sworn it was a dirty MAF or something b/c of my K&N Typhoon.
    That's what you NJ guys get for being too lazy to pump your own gas

(I know some places are full-service only)
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by idipskoalmint View Post
    That's what you NJ guys get for being too lazy to pump your own gas

(I know some places are full-service only)
    In some parts of the country it is illegal to pump your own gas. I know oregon used to be this way.

I don't think CA even has a "Full Service" spot anymore, but for $4.79 a gallon, they all should be "full service"
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me
    In some parts of the country it is illegal to pump your own gas. I know oregon used to be this way.

I wouldn't like that - I would always be paranoid that they would put the wrong grade fuel in.

Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me
    I don't think CA even has a "Full Service" spot anymore, but for $4.79 a gallon, they all should be "full service"
    My old boss just got back from San Fran and said he paid over $5/gallon for the IS-F - he told me some STi tried to be cool, but got beat down badly lol
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    My old boss just got back from San Fran and said he paid over $5/gallon for the IS-F - he told me some STi tried to be cool, but got beat down badly lol
    Yeah I drove the IS-f last Nov, awesome car.

For gas prices:

Yeah CA is a big place. I have seen gas prices vary as much as $.70 depending on where you go. They gouge accordingly.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Registered User farBeyondDriven's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post

Yeah, it's illegal to pump your own gas here in NJ (doesn't really stop people, though). It's really a great piece of legislation, given the fact that the majority of people here in NJ (especially drivers) are hands down retarded. I guess it helps some...

Once, I saw a car rip the damned nozzle and hose right from the terminal and drive right out like nothing was wrong. Obviously, the driver thought they were good to go on their merry way and were sadly mistaken. The sound of attendants and customers yelling for the car to stop and the sound of the hose and nozzle busting out of the terminal did not get this person's attention.

If the attendant is taking to long you usually just hop out yourself and get it started. Some attendants will even ***** you out, if they speak English. I assume they're liable for any pump accidents or gas spills.

I wouldn't like that - I would always be paranoid that they would put the wrong grade fuel in.
    It's a pain in the ass but you HAVE to watch them press which fuel. At least once/twice a month I have to yell and remind the guy as I see him selecting regular grade.

Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    Yeah I drove the IS-f last Nov, awesome car.

For gas prices:

Yeah CA is a big place. I have seen gas prices vary as much as $.70 depending on where you go. They gouge accordingly.
    I'm right on the border of PA and NJ (Philly suburbs). Go over the bridge, gas is much higher and cigarettes are much cheaper. Around here cigarettes are expensive and gas is relatively cheaper compared to PA. I don't smoke so that's all fine with me.
    2006 Panty Dropper

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12