Security light flashing (strange)
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Security light flashing (strange) within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Wondering if others have experienced this before I contact the dealer. I noticed my security light flashing recently. According to ...

SRM

Question Security light flashing (strange)

Wondering if others have experienced this before I contact the dealer.

I noticed my security light flashing recently. According to the manual, my car is in valey mode (security light flashes every 3 seconds), so I followed the steps in order to disable valey mode.

For the 07, you sit in the car, insert key and turn to ON position. Then, press and hold the unlock button on the drivers door, and you must open the door within 1 second. Keep the unlock button pressed for 10 seconds then you will hear the horn beep. 1 beep means alarm is activated, 2 beeps means deactivated. There is also supposed to be a code displayed in the odometer area indicating mode of the alarm.

Well, I perform the steps, the horn beeps once after 10 seconds; but there is no code displayed on the odometer. Hmm... Then I remove the key, and the security light still flashes! Tried repeating above steps and read the manual again to be sure I'm following the instructions.

The only thing I've done to may car recently was disconnect the battery in order to change the head light bulbs.
    Mine: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS
    Hers: 2010 Wrangler Sahara

Previous cars: 2000 Z28, 2007 WRX TR

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

in my 02 it has been flashing whenever the car is not on for like he last month i have no idea what I did

SRM
    Dropping my car off to the dealer on Friday. Will let you know the outcome.

SRM
    Here's what I learned today after going to the dealer.

The security light flashing is supposed to happen regardless if alarm is activated or deactivated. The owner's manual, as I understand it, indicates that the security light will flash every 3 seconds if in valey mode. It is not clear that the light should always flash. The tech told me the light flashing while NOT in valey mode is normal.

We still had trouble initially getting the alarm to activate, but after several tries, it is now working. We tried a combination of things but I don't recall the specific order.

Although the manual states that you should see a code on the odometer, "al on" or "al off" (if I remember the codes correctly), we did not see this.

Anyway, I don't know what to make of all this but the alarm is now in "activated" mode.

thanks for the update

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.