Grinding Turbo Noise? What could it be? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Grinding Turbo Noise? What could it be? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I finally got a chance to get under the hood this past weekend and as I had assumed/hoped it was ...

I finally got a chance to get under the hood this past weekend and as I had assumed/hoped it was the heat shield on the turbo making the noise. The two bolts on the arm of the heat shield that bolts into the shield for the exhaust were loose to point I could practically turn them with my fingers. Tighthened them up and the noise is gone.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    I would run the Seamfoam off one of the inlet nipples so it cleans the compressor housing and TMIC as well as the rest of the intake tract.Also if you have a laptop I would suggest buying a Tactrix cable and datalog the car.Helps find problems like 10X easier.

Pop a nipple and let the hose suck up some Seafoam from the can, or pour a little Seafoam into the turbo inlet hose while the engine is running? Give it a little throttle to keep it from dying probably....how much Seafoam would be too much to pour into the inlet hose?

Had the same noise, snorkel delete, Perrin Recirc Valve just started now that it's -2 outside. I popped the hood and noticed the adjustment on the recirc valve was out about half a turn (think it was a result of rapidly changing temps and the vaccum line pulling on it). Twisted it back to where it should be and think I may have "fixed" the noise. I'll adjust it more later to see what I can acheive.
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3801103
    2008 WRX 4 door, Access Port, Short Shifter, Megan Racing adjustable coilovers, Strut Bar, Perrin DP, Magnaflow CBE, CAI, AVO 380 Turbo, AVO TMIC, Stage 3 Rallitek Tune More to come....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12