engine trouble

This is a discussion on engine trouble within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; ok well i need a little help my car hasnt run for a long time now and i have been ...

engine trouble

ok well i need a little help
    my car hasnt run for a long time now and i have been battling w it and well it seems to be winning. well it was giving me random miss fire codes and then it started to have alot of white smoke come out the exhaust. so i checked a few things and everything pointed to the head gasket so i replaced it. well i broke a tgv sensor and replaced it but did the tgv delete. well now just like before it is giving me missfire codes and it will start but it will die if u build the rpms and let them drop. i have some bolt on and sti injectors but they were all on the car when i bought it in aug. if anybody can help me out i would appreciate it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Could be turbo

Quote Originally Posted by mikemikeburke View Post
    ok well i need a little help
    my car hasnt run for a long time now and i have been battling w it and well it seems to be winning. well it was giving me random miss fire codes and then it started to have alot of white smoke come out the exhaust. so i checked a few things and everything pointed to the head gasket so i replaced it. well i broke a tgv sensor and replaced it but did the tgv delete. well now just like before it is giving me missfire codes and it will start but it will die if u build the rpms and let them drop. i have some bolt on and sti injectors but they were all on the car when i bought it in aug. if anybody can help me out i would appreciate it.
    Hi i've been told a little trick when it comes to smoke.

white smoke = turbo

blue smoke = engine

How long did it sit? Bad gas? Untuned for TGV deletes?
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,"If I live, I will kill you. If i die, you are forgiven. " such is the rule of Honor.

yea i tried that i pulled out the turbo and took it to a alamo turbo in washington the looked at it and it was good to go

yea it has good gas i put new gas in it the day i started it up for the first time and ran it for a while ... yea thats what i was thinking i may need a good tune.