Need Tire Advice!!

This is a discussion on Need Tire Advice!! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I've got a slight problem with my left rear tire on my 02 WRX. It had a very strange wear ...

Need Tire Advice!!

I've got a slight problem with my left rear tire on my 02 WRX. It had a very strange wear pattern in that it wore extremely heavily on the inside shoulders and to the point on this tire that the chords are starting to show in one area. I have 200mile roundtrip ahead of me tomorrow and you guys are gonna be my deciding factor as to if I should go. Being that this tire is in this condition and I was unable to have it replaced today, do you think I should make this run tomorrow, driving at reduced speeds, babying it etc. Basically what I'm asking is with some of the chords showing, do I have 200 miles left in that tire?

Thanks,

Brian

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Only the oracle can answer that, but if it were me, I'd keep shopping or rent a car. If there is a failure at speed the possibilities range from absolutely nothing but a flat happening at the one extreme to you and the car ending up as breaking news on CNN at the other extreme. Is it worth it to you? It'd not be to me.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.