07 WRX - Rear Passenger Floating Window Seal

This is a discussion on 07 WRX - Rear Passenger Floating Window Seal within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So... not sure if I got the terminology correct but... On the rear passenger window, the window seal at the ...

07 WRX - Rear Passenger Floating Window Seal

So... not sure if I got the terminology correct but...

On the rear passenger window, the window seal at the top keeps coming out. This started happening right after I bought the car, and while I was at the dealer to get my cross bars and ski rack put on I had them fix it. The guy explained that the seals are floating and Subaru doesn't use adhesive on them. My problem is that the damn thing keeps slipping out. I am not sure if this is just common, if my seal is bad/torn, or if my friends just somehow close the door weird...

Anyone else have this problem, and anyone have a solution so that it stops freakin happening?

Thanks!

--Chris
    Last edited by cjhudson101; 02-07-2008 at 02:54 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I had just had the problem about a week ago, I took it to the Subaru dealership and they just used some silicon sealer on it and it seams to me holding up. They said it is a common problem, water gets in there and freezes and pushes it out.
    07 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #220