lights not flashing with keyless entry
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on lights not flashing with keyless entry within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Within the last couple of weeks my security system light is on when I get into the car, it wasn't ...

lights not flashing with keyless entry

Within the last couple of weeks my security system light is on when I get into the car, it wasn't always, but now it is. Also when I use the keyless entry the horn honks and the doors open but no lights flashing. What could be causing this. Is it an error in the computers that I can just reset it by disconnecting the battery? If anyone has figured this out could you let me know.

(I have not done any mods for over a year)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Well I can't answer your question but my '03 WRX just started doing this exact same thing a couple weeks ago. I've only had it for about a month and a half so I thought maybe it was normal and I just didn't notice it before. I did set the alarm off a few weeks ago, is there something that needs to be reset?

The owner's manual wasn't much help. Anyone have any ideas?

figured it out

Somehow there is something weird with the valet mode and regular. When it is in valet it should honk or flash lights, but some how it honked or something. Try to turn the valet on and off and see where you are there. Did it today and it worked, but we will see if it lasts

same here, my 03 has not flashed since i bought it, when i go back to work on monday i will check and see if there is a TSB on the issue. Also my upgraded factory alarm along with the shock sensor and security light are also inop. I checked every fuse, and relay i could find and they all checked out the only thing i cannot test is the module itself
    HAVE YOU SEEN ME?

I Support ClubWRX
    The 99-04 Imprezas have Alpine Alarms. The plain gray buttons were used 99-01, colored buttons for 2002-04. The battery for it is #CR2032.

1. Locking: Push the large button. This locks all the doors and will set the alarm (if equipped and in setable mode).

2. Unlocking: Push the small button once to unlock the driver's door and disarm alarm, if set. Push the small button a second time to unlock all the doors.

3. Honking horn?
    On 1999-2002 models the horn honks once for lock and twice for unlock, 3 times if a door is not closed. This audible honk feature is optional. To turn it off or to turn it on unlock all the doors and hold *both* buttons down until the horn honks once. The horn will always honk 3 times if a door is not fully closed when you lock it.
    This was changed in 2003, models to a 'chirp'. There is no longer an audible honk feature. If a door is ajar the system will chirp 5x and the lights flash.

4. Alarm. (optional)
    System chirps when locked with the remote if you have an alarm, and no you can't turn the chirp off.

5. Valet mode or alarm off: alarm light (red dot center dashboard display) rapidly flashing 3 times means the alarm is in "Valet" mode and is not settable. The light will stop flashing when you start the car.
    To set valet mode or just to disable the security alarm system: 1. unlock all doors 2. physically open the driver's door 3. hold the UNLOCK button on remote for 2+ seconds or so. The red 'security' light will then flash 2 times a second until the car is turned on.

6. Arming the alarm: to make an alarm in valet model arm-able, unlock all the doors and hold the small button down on the remote until the light stops flashing. Now when you lock the doors the alarm will be set and the light will flash on and off, on and off.

7. Alarm goes off?
    Push the small button on the remote.
    7a. OVERRIDING the alarm when you don't have a Remote to disable it.
    If you don't have the remote put the key in the ignition and turn it on and off three times and the car will start on the 4th time

8. Program remotes: works on Alpine system.

Unlock all doors, foot on brake, all doors closed. Cycle key quickly but carefully on-off appr 10 times until the car honks one time.
    Do not turn the key far enough to start the car, just to the 'on' position so the dashboard lights up.

When the horn honks, open and close the driver's door, press any remote button and that's it.
    Program another remote? Quickly open and close the driver's door again and push a button on the 2nd remote. That's it.

When you're done, remove the key and the horn should honk 3 times. You're all set.
    Sometime it takes more than 10 on-offs to set program mode. Open/close the door, lock/unlock etc, wait 10 minutes, then try again. PITA, but capable.
    Rogan o_0
    '96 Dodge 2500 CTD @ 40psi - over 700 lb/ft TQ, 7" stack, and 5speed! - SOLD
    '01 Dodge 2500 CTD 6-holed hand-shaker - 3850# dual disk - 900 lb/ft - SOLD
    '97 Dodge 3500 CTD DUALLY built Auto - 40psi boosties - 750 lb/ft

yeah that info is in the owners manual, and i have already looked it over and tried every step four or five times. My 2003 bugeye does not have a chirp it has a horn and that does work. The lights are the only thing that does not
    HAVE YOU SEEN ME?

I Support ClubWRX
    does it have the horn that is usually mounted on the pass. side strut tower, above the CC module?
    Rogan o_0

no my horns are mounted in the front grille, which is unusual i know but i assure you the production date on the door is 2003
    HAVE YOU SEEN ME?

I Support ClubWRX
    then you must not have the alarm, only keyless..
    Mine has the two normal horns in the grill, and one mounted on the strut tower.. Lemme see if I can find a picture..
    Rogan o_0

I Support ClubWRX
    here, you can see it, just to the right (pictured) of the pass. side strut tower, right above the aluminum 90* turbo bend.. The black disc-looking item. Looks just like the ones in your grill..

Rogan o_0

that could have been removed, but i found the keyless control module and then i was able to locate a black box with a part number that crosses to the upgradded alarm and also i found the shock sensor. i bought another factory alarm and plugged it in but still nada. No light in the dash, and the lights the still dont flash. Even if i was to have just the keyless entry the lights outside should still flash
    HAVE YOU SEEN ME?

I Support ClubWRX
    I dont know what else to tell you then, other than what I'd do...

I'd get a wiring schematic, a DVMM, and get busy
    Rogan o_0

thats what I was afraid of, thanks anyways man
    HAVE YOU SEEN ME?

I Support ClubWRX
    I tried
    Rogan o_0

more than most would do, and for that i sincerely thank you
    HAVE YOU SEEN ME?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.